Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I swear people make me want to just argh

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
So I am in a discussion forum and this lady gets upset with me because I think a statistic that is being used that is wrong and I want to research it. It has to do with AA women and being single and the statistic came off like more then half of black children population are born to un wed and the. Percentage was like 73% and to me that seemed to damn high. So I go I would like to research it which takes time and the lady keeps acting like a I need to be right kinda person. Argh I know its Mother's Day but that got under my skin. I swear its the pregnant hormones. I had to stop myself from calling her names because it would have mooted every thing I said or would say. Whew I had to get that out.
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

was she offensive or just stating the statistics she read?  What was she saying?

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Well she Copy and pasted a article which irks me to no end and then when I said I would like to research for myself she was like I was desperate. Her tone came off bitchy

Quoting MomRocs1102:was she offensive or just stating the statistics she read?  What was she saying?
ayacocca
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
That percentage does seem high.. what forum was this?
Litlmama87
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I know who you're talking about lol

I used to go toe to toe with her constantly a few years ago, & finally was like "eff it"

There are other subjects we agree on surprisingly, so we just came to the conclusion, agree to disagree.

She is really passionate about out-of-wedlock births, & the family unit. I think she's a counselor in a shelter or something if I remember correctly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN