Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The talk with my 8 year old!!!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my DD is starting to develop. Early, I know right. I don't remember my mom ever having that convo with me. I don't know where to start. Any advice?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on May. 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Get age appropriate books and start an open conversation!
Mishandia
by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this

honesty and remind her that your always available to talk about the changes

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Get age appropriate books and start an open conversstion!

mrsary
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I show her on my body what's going on with her body. My daughter is 8 too & she's excited about puberty. Idk how to teach her menstrual care cause she barely wipes her ass!
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM

LOL!!

I attempted to do the same.. didn't go so well. She kept looking at my body as if she was utterly disgusted. She has little rosebuds on her chest with a tiny waist & plump rump. And she's 7!! My baby...

Quoting mrsary:

I show her on my body what's going on with her body. My daughter is 8 too & she's excited about puberty. Idk how to teach her menstrual care cause she barely wipes her ass!

DVS
by Da Goldenchild on May. 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM
mine cried the first time we walked down the bra aisle and I asked her was she ready.......but now she wears training bras but they are bright colors.

Scared to have the talk cuz she might flip out on me
DVS
by Da Goldenchild on May. 31, 2013 at 2:28 PM
mine cried the first time we walked down the bra aisle and I asked her was she ready.......but now she wears training bras but they are bright colors.

Scared to have the talk cuz she might flip out on me
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I am slowly having the body talk. My mom didnt with me so any time she points and ask I tell her the truth.
mrsary
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Last night I taught my 3 & 5 year old sons where babies come from cause my 5 year old always asks why vaginas have a hole. We haven't gottan to how the baby gets in yet although I did overhear my 5 yr old telling my 3 yr old penises get big in vaginas. He's more curious than my daughter was.
*I hope this reply isn't inappropiate!!

Quoting ayacocca:

LOL!!

I attempted to do the same.. didn't go so well. She kept looking at my body as if she was utterly disgusted. She has little rosebuds on her chest with a tiny waist & plump rump. And she's 7!! My baby...

Quoting mrsary:

joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on May. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
My daughter is 9. I was very open and honest, but kept it on her level. She now understands the changes her body will go through and menstruation. At 9 she actual has "phantom periods" on the same cycle with mine. So I thought I should explain what was going on. She was very intrigued and has questions on a regular basis. And can't wait for all these wonderful things to happen.
Frannylove12
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:50 PM

books definitely help!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)