Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Consignment shopping

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 22 Replies
Do anyone do consignment shopping?
Have you found any good deals there?
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rayroe2
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! 7-16 bucks for barely wore clothes and shoes. I am about to be one nicely dressed momma and can get out of these sweats! I still want new clothes but it saves a lot of money if you go looking.
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

No, but I take all my stuff to be sold at consignment.

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I go there when the kids are babies. Trade up all the time.
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I buy and sell at our local child consignment store. Now that my co worker and cousin have little boys, I mostly pass stuff down.

mom2kortni
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

TishHughes
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
No.
TishHughes
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
That's a lie, yes I have but not very often. I mostly get the tutus and hair bows from there. Someone makes them and then sells them there.

Quoting TishHughes:

No.
Mom_of_3_boys08
by Stacey on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes! I found this one while car shopping. Decided to go in because I wanted to browse for books. Girl! OMG. I looked around a bit and came across some treasures. That day I spent $30 and purchased 3 brand new with the tags still attached Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts for my oldest son, 4 pair of brand new with the tags still attached Izod khaki pants for my 2nd oldest along with 3 dress shirts for him, a brand new Old Navy hoodie and 6 pair of jeans. Ever since then I make the 25 minute drive there at least twice a month. Every time I go I find awesome deals and either fairly new or new clothes. Last trip was 2 weeks ago and I spent $60 and purchased 7 outfits per kid (I have 4 boys ages 17/10/6/3) and at least 3 of each of their outfits still had tags and most were clothes from Kohls line or Jc Penney. I'm always bragging when I go there. My friend went with me on the last trip and she was geeked cause she found summer dresses and shorts for her 3 little girls and 10 dresses had tags. She spent $40 and got each girl 15 outfits. It was great because it was 50% off certain colored tags and we were fortunate enough to cop those colors. If you live in Michigan check out the Community Thrift Center in Clinton Township on Gratiot and 18 mile.
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Nothing personal but i like new clothes and department stores
Bunsmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Quoting mom2kortni:

Quoting inmybizz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)