Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Rihanna or Tiara Thomas "Bad"

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:12 AM
  • 34 Replies

Mobile Photo

As I'm driving home, this song by Wale comes on. I notice the DJ says featuring Rihanna....
Hold up... Didn't Tiara Thomas do this song???
I listen to it, and I was disappointed. Why would Rihanna "remix" this song and try to sound exactly like her. This will now be dubbed as Rih-Rih's song, leaving poor Tiara pushed to the side by her own song. I know the music industry is a cut throat business.... But I was looking forward to hearing a new sound or R&B singer... I guess we must listen to the same ol' artists.
What do you think of the new remix? Do you like the original or the remix better. I like the original obviously, only because she sounded better in my opinion.
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I haven't heard Rih's.. and I love the song but can't stand how t Thomas sounds...
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:52 AM
I thought tiara wrote the original track so she can't really remix it without her permission.if anything wale sampled it. I will. Have to listen for the remix but I like the original.
smiley83
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I honestly like the original better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM
It sounds EXACTLY the same. That's what I was thinking-- it was Tiara's song and I thought she wrote it. Listen to it, they just "released" it.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

I thought tiara wrote the original track so she can't really remix it without her permission.if anything wale sampled it. I will. Have to listen for the remix but I like the original.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Lol, she sounded different to me than the regular singers we constantly hear. I didn't like this song when I first heard it but it grew on me lol.

Quoting ayacocca:

I haven't heard Rih's.. and I love the song but can't stand how t Thomas sounds...

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
It was horrible and tiara did write it because there is more to the song then wake plays. She has done the whole version in a coffee house

Quoting leaniece:

It sounds EXACTLY the same. That's what I was thinking-- it was Tiara's song and I thought she wrote it. Listen to it, they just "released" it.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I like Tiara Thomas better, Some songs are better off left alone, no remix needed.  Shes a fresh voice i like her

alisheamonet33
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM

im goingto have to listen to the remix but i love the original

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I like the original, I haven't heard the remix, but I'm kinda tired of hearing the same 'ol voices.

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I like the original, Rihanna's version wasn't needed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN