Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
I'm weird for playing outside with my daughter? My bully lives across the street in another apartment from me. One day a few mos back i took my daughter to the park to play her kids were there without her or her so.

They decided along with my three year old to play catch instead of me sitting there watching i decided to play with them to that way i could keep an eye on them incase something happend i could go over and speak to their mom or dad.

Their dad came over yelling telling them not to play with my lil girl. Last weekend i saw their son again at the pool and he looked at one of his friends after looking at me and said she's weird.

This girl knows me but apparently doesn't know iam a "proactive/protective parent" meaning i keep an eye on my child and play with her.

If we are outside she keeps her kids away and if she sees them near my apartment or my daughter she gets pissed and yells at them outside.

Am i out of place for keeping an eye out for these kids when their mom won't. She sits inside and lets them run the complex i seem to be the only parent outside with the kids when i do take my daughter out because you never know who's out there.
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Replies (11-16):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
It's hard to ignore a 5 year old kid when they see you outside and want to play too

Quoting honey27:

you said she's your bully so she's gonna have a problem with you no matter what you do so you and your daughter should just stay away from her and her kids. i wouldnt even pay her any mind and just play with your daughter.
honey27
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I meant the mother. But its her child and if she doesn't want you to play with her kid then that's what it is. I would just politely tell her she needs to ask her mom if she can play with you and your daughter so your not just ignoring her.

Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:It's hard to ignore a 5 year old kid when they see you outside and want to play too

Quoting honey27:

you said she's your bully so she's gonna have a problem with you no matter what you do so you and your daughter should just stay away from her and her kids. i wouldnt even pay her any mind and just play with your daughter.
CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Well, she's an ass so it would only be a waste of your time to try and figure her out.  You are not weird to keep an eye on your kids outside, especially at 3.  

I lived in an apartment for awhile before we bought our first home, and I remember thinking that I did not EVER want to raise children in an apartment.  Too many damn kids running around like that, with little to no supervision.  We had a little boy who would run around the whole building kicking people's doors.  Finally some woman came and snatched his little ass up on the playground, gave him a very stern talking to and then dared the little boy to get his mama because she wish she'd bring her negligent ass to the playground.  LOL, I just bought died that day from laughing the whole building wished they could do that but who the hell feels like dealing with the hot tacky mess parents of these hellions. 

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM

why do you keep calling her your bully?...yall are grown but no...I dont think playing with your kid is weird..maybe u did something else to creep her out

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Or when they want some of your food:)) lol
Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

It's hard to ignore a 5 year old kid when they see you outside and want to play too

Quoting honey27:

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Agree

Quoting TrulyMicka:

Or when they want some of your food:)) lol
Quoting mommy_2_be_2010:

Quoting honey27:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)