Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

George Zimmerman's father says the 'True Racists' are African Americans

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

As the murder trial for George Zimmerman begins, his father has released an emotional and highly unusual e-book, publicly opining on all aspects of the case. The book by Robert Zimmerman Sr., called “Florida v. Zimmerman: Uncovering the Malicious Prosecution of my Son, George” was released today on Amazon for $3.99.
The most striking chapter is called “Who Are The True Racists,” an apparent effort to rebut claims that his son’s actions were racially motivated.
Previously, Zimmerman Sr. “believed generally racism was a thing of the past.” He says that, personally, he hadn’t encountered much racism, even though his wife is Hispanic. But after his son shot and killed Trayvon Martin, however, Zimmerman learned that racism is “flourishing at the insistence of some in the African American Community.” He then goes on to list various black leaders and organizations that he believes are racist:

Congressional Black Caucus. “[A] pathetic, self-serving group of racists… advancing their purely racist agenda.” He later adds that “all members of Congress should be ashamed of the Congressional Black Caucus, as should be their constituents.” And finally: “They are truly a disgrace to all Americans.”

The NAACP. “[S]imply promotes racism and hatred for their own, primarily finical, interests” and “without prejudice and racial divide, the NAACP would simply cease to exist.”

NAACP President Benjamin Jealous. “[W]hat I would expect of a racist.”

Trayvon Martin’s funeral director. A “racial activist and former head of the local NAACP.”

Benjamin Crump, Natialie Jackson and Darrly Parks, attorneys for Travyon Martin’s family. “The scheme team.”

The National Basketball Players Association.

Black Chamber of Commerce.

National Association of Black Law Enforcement Officers.

National Black United Fund.

United Negro College Fund.

While stopping short of explicitly calling President Obama a racist, Zimmerman Sr. does say that Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have “shamelessly” sought to exploit his son’s case “to obtain great advantage in the African-American community.”
Zimmerman Sr. says that because of Holder’s decision to investigate whether Trayvon Martin’s death violated federal civil rights laws, the FBI did not have “adequate resources to investigate clearly identified potential terrorist [sic] in the Boston area.” Now, “tragically, we have suffered the consequences of Mr. Holder’s politically motivated decisions.”

Um...What a true IDIOT.
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Replies (21-30):
CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I LOVE IT!  SAY IT LOUD DADDY YOU'RE MAKING SENSE AND CHANGING PEOPLES OPINION!  GOOD JOB DUDE WRITE ANOTHER BOOK YOU'RE REALLY HELPING!

The best thing you can give crazy is a microphone, a videocamera and a book deal.   

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Thats what i was thinking. this only helps Treyvon but there are crazies that believe that crap too... like person that replied before you that AGREES with the dad. Smh

Quoting CoolRelax:

I LOVE IT!  SAY IT LOUD DADDY YOU'RE MAKING SENSE AND CHANGING PEOPLES OPINION!  GOOD JOB DUDE WRITE ANOTHER BOOK YOU'RE REALLY HELPING!

The best thing you can give crazy is a microphone, a videocamera and a book deal.   

Eve-marie
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Aw, is poor Robbie feeling bad for raising a murderer? Shame on you. Little Georgie killed somebody. Stop making it look like he was set up by the President and 'his people'. Wasn't nobody out to get your son before he pulled the trigger.

TripletTwin_Mom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Quoting DieselsMom:

I agree IN THIS CASE that the community backing treyvon are not looking at the situation, or actions, only race!

Yal are gonna have my head for this...go easy I'm a newbie lol, but seriously...I do believe there is SOME validity in this case...I believe on BOTH SIDES the race issue has overshadowed the fact that a young boys life was taken because of STEREOTYPES...I do believe that Trayvon was stereotyped becasue he was frequenting an area where there had been an increase in criminal activity...I think the fact that he was an African American young man was murdered and because there are DOCUMENTED instances *especially in the south* where AA have been killed and not received justice that this was a situation that looked and appeared to be the same as all of the rest...because Zimmerman is a minority himself I truly believe that he was more IGNORANT than racist, and perhaps even frustrated and buying in to the stereotypes surrounding the increase in crime that was occuring in the "well to do" as they call it neighborhood. I believe that the fact that Zimmerman is a minorty is ALSO the reason why his family feels justified in trying to use that as a PLOY to get away with murder...I personally feel race has clouded this case so much it has taken a way from the fact, the fact remains a young boy who "looked" like what criminals look like on a daily basis (and reality is that everytime the media flood us with survellance the attire is similar) was murdered when IN FACT HE WAS NOT a criminal, he wasn't a threat at all...just merely a teenage boy, doing what teenagers do...the reality is a life was lost and I believe Zimmerman should be punished and condemned based off that and that alone...I also THINK his father is in complete denial of the reality of the situation (as related to BOTH sides) and is completely wrong for continuing to play the blame game...the whole ordeal is sad because ALL OF IT just feeds the fuel for racism on BOTH ends...and situations like this ONE of the reasons why it won't and has NOT died
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

What are you looking at? Are you looking at the fact that this man was told by the 911 operator to stop pursuing this young man? Are you looking at how his story changed a minimum of 3 times? Are you looking at how an admitted murderer was allowed to walk out of a police station with only a pat on a back? Are you on the decide of that was Trayvon screaming in the background or George (especially when even the experts are saying they can't exactly pin point that)? What actions are you referring to exactly? 

Quoting DieselsMom:

I agree IN THIS CASE that the community backing treyvon are not looking at the situation, or actions, only race!

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM

You're head won't get chopped off and for the most part I agree with you except regardless of him being a minority or not I truly believe that George Zimmerman is a racist. Many people keep forgetting that on that night it was raining that child had a right to have on a hoody. I can't count how many times in the past year I told my son to throw on his hood to protect him from the rain, I was thinking that he looked like a stereotypical thug I was thinking that "it's raining, he needs to stay as dry as possible". The notion that because of the way he was dressed made this acceptable sickens me. Women go on and on about how we should be allowed the freedom to walk out of our homes dressed in whatever we want and be free from stereotypes, scrutiny, and unwanted contact but this boy in one sense was persecuted and murder justified because of his attire. 

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting DieselsMom:

Yal are gonna have my head for this...go easy I'm a newbie lol, but seriously...I do believe there is SOME validity in this case...I believe on BOTH SIDES the race issue has overshadowed the fact that a young boys life was taken because of STEREOTYPES...I do believe that Trayvon was stereotyped becasue he was frequenting an area where there had been an increase in criminal activity...I think the fact that he was an African American young man was murdered and because there are DOCUMENTED instances *especially in the south* where AA have been killed and not received justice that this was a situation that looked and appeared to be the same as all of the rest...because Zimmerman is a minority himself I truly believe that he was more IGNORANT than racist, and perhaps even frustrated and buying in to the stereotypes surrounding the increase in crime that was occuring in the "well to do" as they call it neighborhood. I believe that the fact that Zimmerman is a minorty is ALSO the reason why his family feels justified in trying to use that as a PLOY to get away with murder...I personally feel race has clouded this case so much it has taken a way from the fact, the fact remains a young boy who "looked" like what criminals look like on a daily basis (and reality is that everytime the media flood us with survellance the attire is similar) was murdered when IN FACT HE WAS NOT a criminal, he wasn't a threat at all...just merely a teenage boy, doing what teenagers do...the reality is a life was lost and I believe Zimmerman should be punished and condemned based off that and that alone...I also THINK his father is in complete denial of the reality of the situation (as related to BOTH sides) and is completely wrong for continuing to play the blame game...the whole ordeal is sad because ALL OF IT just feeds the fuel for racism on BOTH ends...and situations like this ONE of the reasons why it won't and has NOT died

TripletTwin_Mom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree he definitely was persecuted for his attire...and murdered!!!! I have a son close to his age and I use this case all the time to teach him about the sick and sad ways of this world...as far as Zimmerman I didn't initially think they were racists...what I did initially think they (Zimmerman and his father) were was manipulative, cowardly, stuck up, misguided, ignorant, heartless, callous, pridedul, lacking wisdom, possesing poor judgement, carrying a feeling of self entitlement, and people who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions. While all of those things were my initial reaction to their personalities...racist wasn't the first thing that came to mind...of course now that its out there like it is they definitely are making room for the racist characteristic...I believe because of the characteristics listed above they will do ANYTHING to keep from paying for the actions...including using reverse psychology since the race card was played trump from day one

Quoting Bunsmommy:

You're head won't get chopped off and for the most part I agree with you except regardless of him being a minority or not I truly believe that George Zimmerman is a racist. Many people keep forgetting that on that night it was raining that child had a right to have on a hoody. I can't count how many times in the past year I told my son to throw on his hood to protect him from the rain, I was thinking that he looked like a stereotypical thug I was thinking that "it's raining, he needs to stay as dry as possible". The notion that because of the way he was dressed made this acceptable sickens me. Women go on and on about how we should be allowed the freedom to walk out of our homes dressed in whatever we want and be free from stereotypes, scrutiny, and unwanted contact but this boy in one sense was persecuted and murder justified because of his attire. 

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting DieselsMom:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I agree Buns!

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting TripletTwin_Mom:

Quoting DieselsMom:

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Pick any one them.

PrEgGoSaUrUs
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I'm so tired of hearing about him already, off with his head!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)