Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IM A SINGLE BLACK MOM....NOTHING IS GOING RIGHT FOR ME!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 96 Replies

Im 32 and I have 2 kids(one is 3 and the other 5)Im also 6 months pregnant!They all have different daddies.My sons dad and I were married and he pays child support(because he was forced)but has never seen and has nothing to do with my son.My daughters dad and I dated off and on for 5 yrs before I got pregnant and lived togteher for 3 yrs after she was born but he walked out on us last year,wont child support and has not seen my daughter in months.The baby Im pregnant with now daddy was just a friend that I had a brief fling with.I dont deal with him at all.He doesnt work and has a drug problem.I am beyond struggling.I live off welfare because there are NO jobs where I live.I live in Ca and the cost of living is too high so I am planning to move to Las Vegas next month.I would prefer to move back to my home town in WA ST but I cant afford it.My fam helps as much as they can but they dont have money like that.Money is so bad that me and my kids have no furniture(we lost it all in storage after my daughters dad walked out)and I cant even afford the things my baby needs when she is born.Not to mention my son is going to kindergarden this fall and I dont know how im going to buy his school clothes and supplies.I dont even have anybody to watch my two kids when I go into labor!My fam lives too far.I really havent been able to get back on my feet since the breakup with my daughters dad and I swear to god I feel like giving up!I just want a nice normal life where I have a job,I can take care of my kids by myself and they are happy...is that too much to ask???

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amomslyfe
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this

You can have it if you work hard for it. It will be a struggle and you will have to sacrifice but you will need to be strong and get it together for your kids. I know a few of my friends have moved from LA to LV and have said the jobs and housing are better so that may be a good idea. You will still need money for moving cost so you have to take that into consideration. I would press for child support from the other sperm donors, you shouldn't have to do it alone.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this
So make it happen
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Don't stand in your own way. Make sacrifices, research (because there are programs out there to help) and work work work until you get to where you need to be.
TishHughes
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Isn't it just as expensive in Vegas?

.Peaches.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TishHughes:

Isn't it just as expensive in Vegas?

I was thinking that too. Why move from one big city to another?

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Single BLACK mom and nothing is going right? *sigh* smh. I really hope things work out for you.
mama2be81
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Believe it or not Vegas is way cheaper than Ca to live.

AlliviasMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM
11 moms liked this

The fact that you put emphasis that you're BLACK in an African American group and being a new member raises some questions about the authenticity of this post.But, my apoligies if i'm wrong.

You really need to get the two other men to pay child support.This could make a difference in your current income.

Mishandia
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Who did woman.....

PrEgGoSaUrUs
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Seems like you dug your self a hella hole to get out of. With time, hard work and smarter choices I do believe you'll find your way out. It will all get better in time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)