Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Relocating and visitation

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm getting ready to move almost four hours from my home state. I'm now married and have a baby on the way. DH moved to my home state but he's ready to go because there's more opportunities and jobs where he was. My ex is getting ready to retire and move 10-14 hours away with his new family. He said that when I move he wanted to get the kids at least every other month but I think that's just too much. So I informed him that I was going to get my lawyer to draw up another agreement, which he gets the children during Spring Break, Father's Day weekend, Summer Break(4 weeks), Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well he doesn't want me to get a lawyer; however, he's had one for the past three years stressing me out but never winning the case.

I just want everything done like it should be. If some of you may recall, his wife really doesn't want the kids around and she scratched our DDs face and he fractured our DDs pinkie. My DH thinks that the schedule I have is great and that when my ex moves 10-14 hours away, the kids won't be able to go every two months. He's moving to TX, GA or AL.

Would you get lawyer? I personally know from experience that him and his wife can't be trusted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM
So you ex and his wife are abusive towards the kids??
mami2my3rugratz
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Unfortunately, they both hurt our DD. I reported them to CPS, and their names are in file. Now according to our two children, they are always being questioned and told by the wife that they are troublemakers or annoying.

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
If they abuse the kids why would you even consider leaving them in their care at all? You MOST DEFINITELY need a lawyer. And I'm not sure how it works but can your lawyer help you get sole custody of your children? I can only imagine the anxiety you must feel knowing your children will be placed in that environment.

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Unfortunately, they both hurt our DD. I reported them to CPS, and their names are in file. Now according to our two children, they are always being questioned and told by the wife that they are troublemakers or annoying.

Quoting moosesmom:

mami2my3rugratz
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I took them to court but the judge ordered parenting classes and anger management. They also recommended we attend family therapy and the wife just really showed how crazy she was during just about every session. I never argued back or anything but the counselor said she needed help.

I would rather that the kids not be in their midst and when I kept them away, I had a show cause against me; however, when my ex fractured her finger, they dropped the show cause. The judge put in the order that they were no longer to reprimand the kids using corporal punishment. It's just been a mess so getting a lawyer for when I relocate will be very necessary. I've gone through so much and cried from all of the stress.

Quoting moosesmom:

If they abuse the kids why would you even consider leaving them in their care at all? You MOST DEFINITELY need a lawyer. And I'm not sure how it works but can your lawyer help you get sole custody of your children? I can only imagine the anxiety you must feel knowing your children will be placed in that environment.

Quoting mami2my3rugratz:

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN