Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank you*UPDATE*

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 12 Replies
So I just want to say thank you to all the mommies that were honest with their advice and genuinely care about my present problem. I'm sorry I had to delete the post because I started getting more insults than advice. So thank you all. I will do something to change my present situation ASAP..********UPDATE******** So I have moved out(finally) and i'm living with a trusted friend(till I sort myself out). Trying to get used to my new life with my daughter...Oh and I gained a few pounds already lol.I'm a lot happier than I thought i'd be. But sometimes I miss my son and -although I might be called stupid for this-my husband.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't see your post but just keep in mind that this is a social media site and most advice won't be worthy. I suggest asking advice from real life friends & family
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I missed your post as well.. hope that all is good with you mama. you can pm me if you'd like?
.Peaches.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I hope you do find a solution to your situation. Cultural differences aside, I don't believe that any arrangement where a woman is treated like property is a good relationship to get into, period. There's a reason slavery is illegal.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM
The long one? Yeah I missed that.
Bunsmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM

.......what happened? Short choppy sentences dear, it's been a long week. 

Quoting .Peaches.:

I hope you do find a solution to your situation. Cultural differences aside, I don't believe that any arrangement where a woman is treated like property is a good relationship to get into, period. There's a reason slavery is illegal.

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Quoting Bunsmommy:

.......what happened? Short choppy sentences dear, it's been a long week. 

Quoting .Peaches.:

Basically, she's in a marriage where women are considered to be property. Her MIL moved in with her and hates her and treats her like garbage. Her husband won't stand up for him, following along behind her MIL, and believes anything his mom says about her. He made her move out of her bedroom into the guest bedroom, and is creepin around his mom for his late night kitty snacks. They're Muslim, she's not, and her MIL is trying to make her fast for Ramadan, even though she's pregnant. She doesn't have anyone she can really talk to- if she goes to her parents, they'll call him and he'll come get her. Her SIL, however, was the one who told her not to marry her brother and that her MIL is basically a bitch, so she talked to her, and her SIL is supposed to be coming to see her to see if she can help.

She's from a different culture, I forget the name of it, so...yeah.

Bunsmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Aww, that's sad. OP, how long have you been married? I think it's expected that when you marry a Muslim you are expected to convert to their religion. 

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM
No it's not Muslim men can marry Jewish women or Christians because they are people of the book. Although there are some who convert its not required from a religious side. Just throwing that out there

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Aww, that's sad. OP, how long have you been married? I think it's expected that when you marry a Muslim you are expected to convert to their religion. 

Bunsmommy
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I knew you would know and hoped you would correct me....great minds! Thank you very much ma'am. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

No it's not Muslim men can marry Jewish women or Christians because they are people of the book. Although there are some who convert its not required from a religious side. Just throwing that out there

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
You welcome. :)

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I knew you would know and hoped you would correct me....great minds! Thank you very much ma'am. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)