Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are a stanky woman

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 19 Replies
Now that I have your attention

I have a few questions
Who has their tubes tied??
How has it changed your cycle??
Would you do it again??

I welcome horror stories
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this
LOL! I got a tubal ligation. My periods are about the same. I'm prescribed MMJ so, I really never feel cramps. It has not changed my cycle. Yes, absolutely I would do it again. The procedure was quick but I felt drowsy and in pain (not excruciating) after the medication wore off. My scar is the length of a fingernail, thin like a line, above my pubic bone. I can barely see it, and it's been a year and a half. I never have to worry about ovulation and missing periods. My hubby of course, loves that I had it done.
hendersoneve
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM

No horror stories for me. I got my tubes tied and my periods stayed the same. I'm glad I did it because some times I get the urge to wanna have some babies and that is just not an economical decision having two already. So having them tied means no slip ups and dayum we should have thought about this out lil more conversations lol

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I'm not sure if this is the route I will go when I'm done, or whether I'll ask him to get a vasectomy.

mom2kortni
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I've had mine tied for 3 years and no changes with my period. I have no scar, they went through my belly button. I was in pain after the meds wore off but it didn't last long, I had it done on a Monday and was at my class reunion by the end of the week. I would definitely do it again. I like not worrying about birth control.
ginene
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I got mine done 8 yrs ago. Nope I wouldn't do it again. Yes it changed my period and made me had the worst cramps and mood swings. The day I got them tied I had to come back to the emergency room because I started going numb from the chest down(supposedly a side effect from some meds). I suffered from short term memory for about a year. I couldn't remember having my son and freaked out and started crying and I had to look at a calendar to make my memory about how I had him come back. I had itchy crawly skin for about 2 months. The doctor had to cut me twice because I was bleeding out of my navel and he didnt know why. My periods were extremely bad(vomiting, diarrhea, blood clots, extreme cramps). I end up getting severe pms (pmdd) to the point I was going to go see a shrink and my doctor tried to put me on depression pills but I just started praying and researched home remedies and started taking apple cider vinegar. Now I just have slight to no cramps and mild mood swings right before I come on. I still have my moments and want another child even though I have 4.

So yeah I hated my experience and wouldn't recommend it.
DVS
by Da Goldenchild on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

oh shit

Quoting ginene:

I got mine done 8 yrs ago. Nope I wouldn't do it again. Yes it changed my period and made me had the worst cramps and mood swings. The day I got them tied I had to come back to the emergency room because I started going numb from the chest down(supposedly a side effect from some meds). I suffered from short term memory for about a year. I couldn't remember having my son and freaked out and started crying and I had to look at a calendar to make my memory about how I had him come back. I had itchy crawly skin for about 2 months. The doctor had to cut me twice because I was bleeding out of my navel and he didnt know why. My periods were extremely bad(vomiting, diarrhea, blood clots, extreme cramps). I end up getting severe pms (pmdd) to the point I was going to go see a shrink and my doctor tried to put me on depression pills but I just started praying and researched home remedies and started taking apple cider vinegar. Now I just have slight to no cramps and mild mood swings right before I come on. I still have my moments and want another child even though I have 4.

ginene
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Yes not the norm. I just had to be that" I never had that happen to any of my patients" person. Ugghhh!! Lol my buddies were a piece of cake.

Quoting DVS:

oh shit

Quoting ginene:

nikabear
by Mrs.Bellamy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I have the mirena iud and it comes out in February.......
akingsmom
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I'm going to set up my appt for ASAP when i go see my dr today. . I know for sure King will be an only child so I figure theres no need to keep them untied. Also the shot has made me gain 30 lbs so far...n thats just not working lol
LNLMommy
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm getting mine done after this baby gets here. I am SUPER done! DH is having a vasectomy but I'm still getting mine tied because these days, I don't really like him like that and even if we split..I'm still done

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)