Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Wis. man, 76, charged with shooting 13 year old black neighbor over alleged theft

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 10 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM
They say he might get off because he was "mentally ill" at the time. That he could have easily killed a white child--and PROVING it was a racist act vs mental illness will be hard to prove in this case. Dammit I wish I was on that jury-- no brainer, that guy shot a child because he was black and living in the wrong neighborhood. It's on video, but they still have to fight hard for the case, smh. Damn, do racist need to have the actual KKK "dress" and hood on to be convicted of hate crimes?? Killing kids isn't a crime anymore I guess. If the races were reversed... I think we all know the rest.
#RIP Darius Simmons 🙏
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I actually hard of this case awhile back... thank God he was found guilty. geez!! these racists are running amuck
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I didn't know they convicted him already. THANK GOD!

Quoting ayacocca:

I actually hard of this case awhile back... thank God he was found guilty. geez!! these racists are running amuck

chrismisha
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

BUMP!

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Yea I read about this a couple days and they tried him and found him guilty. I wonder how the facts of this case affected the outcome of the verdict? Maybe because it was caught on tape?

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
So glad that he was found guilty!!!!!! Has anyone seen the tape of the shooting????? Now they are trying to say that he wasn't in his right mind when he shot him. He shot him in the chest went inside and got another gun and fired two more shots and Darius...... Smdh hope they throw him under the jail!!!!
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I'm so glad they didn't let him walk off like everyone else. He didn't mean to kill him, who the frak does he think he's fooling?

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Glad they found him guilty!
sillytime
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Glad he was found guilty.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN