Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Skin Care

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:46 AM
  • 11 Replies
What type of lotion and soap do you use?

What do you use to lighten dark spots?

I usually use Dove. For lotion I use Dove or Jergens. Prior to those, I tried several lotions and nothing seems to give me that feeling Im looking for.

For spot removal Ive tried Ambi, Aveeno, Skin Success, Tropiclear, Nadinola and other products ive tred in the beauty supply store. And they either do not work or have caused break outs.
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
latopmom
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I've used noxzema and witch hazel twice a day on my face since middle school and I'm 38 now.

Pure cocoa butter for spots.

Soaps ......Dove ( sensitive or the new one with shea butter ) or Dial gold antibacterial

Lotion....suave cocoa /shea butter on legs, arms and general body and eucerin for extremely dry skin -feet and elbows. I normally mix in my lotion the baby oil gel to really combat dry skin everywhere on my body.

I've tried mk, cetaphil and other products but noxzema works for me.
Babujai
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I wash with L'Oreal Go 360 and use some Walgreen's knock-off moisturizer, but only in the winter. As far as dark spots go...I've got freckles!
BeautifulMomof1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
For my face, I use Oil of Olay foaming cleanser for sensitive skin . . Followed by witch hazel and a thin layer of vaseline . .

For the rest of my body, I use suave shower gels . . And Jergens Daily Moisture lotion . . I sometimes mix in a little vaseline if my skin is extremely dry, but overall this lotions moisturizes really well without that greasy feeling afterwards . .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I use either soaps from Chagrin Valley or Cream and Coco.

ebbierowe
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I like you avatar picture.

I use Oil of Olay products. I normally use jergens lotion but not on my face.

I don't use anything for spot removal

Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Face - Neutrogena beauty bar

Face lotion - Clean and clear(something or another).

Body - OOO soap and lotion
Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I don't get dark spots, I let my blemishes work themselves out....are their other causes for dark marks? I know the sun is a cause...but what kind of spots?
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I use the ambi complexion bar and st Ives apricot scrub for my face. I use aveeno white peach and ginger body wash and also caress evening gorgeous exfoliating body was. I use palmers cocoa butter with Shea butter as my loition.
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:28 AM
My face: I use Aveeno Positively Radiant face wash and Queen Helene oatmeal scrub to exfoliate. I use whitch hazel as a toner and Aveeno moisturizer. I don't get dark spots.
Body: I use Dial soap and I use body scrub from Bath and Body Works. I also use their body creams/body butter. And in the winter I use shea butter or coco butter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I don't use anything except moisturizer with sunscreen. I learned later in life that the less products I use the better off my skin is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)