Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is manageability an issue when styling your daughter's hair?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

Taking care of your daughter’s hair can be a struggle that ends in tears. Who wouldn’t want an easier solution that turns hair time into happy time? 

Just for Me® is a complete new line of hair-care products designed to make styling naturally curly and wavy textured hair easier so kids will look great and feel confident, too. 

Watch the video below to see how they work.

Could your child's hair pass the five finger test?

Check out more photos on Instagram at #5fingertest and post some of your own!

Click here to find out more about the product line and buy it here.

Tell us, is manageability an issue when styling your daughter's hair? Let's talk about it.

We gave 10 moms the Just for Me® Hair Milk Collection to try at home with their daughters and share with their friends 

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amari06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a 7yr old dd and 1 1/2yr old dd. Both have very thick coarse hair that needs to be moisturized. I find myself washing, deep conditioning, moisturizing with a "pudding", and adding in coconut oil. All these steps before I can blow dry and straighten.

I keep her hair braided and repeat this process every two weeks. Hopefully the hair milk will be able to tame her thick hair so she can rock her natural curly hair w/o the shrinkage and frizz.
MommeisQueen
Hi. Wow. I cannot wait to try these products. I have three daughters and they each have a different curl pattern and thickness to their hair. I've been looking for a product that will moisturize and let them wear their natural texture. :-))
MommeisQueen
Quoting MommeisQueen:

Hi. Wow. I cannot wait to try these products. I have three daughters and they each have a different curl pattern and thickness to their hair. I've been looking for a product that will moisturize and let them wear their natural texture. :-))

Manageability is of super high importance to me because I always want them to look nice and feel good about themselves. Managing their curls and kinks can be tough but I'd rather it be as easy on them as possible.
Amari06
1 mom liked this
I want my girls to be proud of the hair they have and learn how to work with it not against. For a very long time I wished I had different hair and now I get so may complements on the texture and curl pattern!!

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Manageability is of super high importance to me because I always want them to look nice and feel good about themselves. Managing their curls and kinks can be tough but I'd rather it be as easy on them as possible.
MommeisQueen
Yes. That's how I feel. Their hair is so beautiful just the way it is. I relax my hair but I sometimes wish I my hair was still natural like theirs. Are you natural?

Quoting Amari06:

I want my girls to be proud of the hair they have and learn how to work with it not against. For a very long time I wished I had different hair and now I get so may complements on the texture and curl pattern!!

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Amari06
I am now!! I didn't do a big chop like most I cut a few inches of my relaxed hair off at a time. Now I love my hair especially since I have naturally curly hair. I will post a pic!!

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Yes. That's how I feel. Their hair is so beautiful just the way it is. I relax my hair but I sometimes wish I my hair was still natural like theirs. Are you natural?

Quoting Amari06:

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Amari06

Mobile Photo

kyona_malone
Oh my someone who shares my struggle the only difference is my 8Y/O dd cries anytime someone touches her hair. I'm h going these products will help with my headache lol

Quoting Amari06:

I have a 7yr old dd and 1 1/2yr old dd. Both have very thick coarse hair that needs to be moisturized. I find myself washing, deep conditioning, moisturizing with a "pudding", and adding in coconut oil. All these steps before I can blow dry and straighten.

I keep her hair braided and repeat this process every two weeks. Hopefully the hair milk will be able to tame her thick hair so she can rock her natural curly hair w/o the shrinkage and frizz.
Amari06
My dd hates when it's time to get her hair done but loves how it looks when I'm done. She just recently started complaining about it hurting. I think it was just because she thought I wouldn't braid it if she cried enough.

Quoting kyona_malone:

Oh my someone who shares my struggle the only difference is my 8Y/O dd cries anytime someone touches her hair. I'm h going these products will help with my headache lol

Quoting Amari06:

kyona_malone
Lol I can sooooooo relate to that..

Quoting Amari06:

My dd hates when it's time to get her hair done but loves how it looks when I'm done. She just recently started complaining about it hurting. I think it was just because she thought I wouldn't braid it if she cried enough.

Quoting kyona_malone:

Quoting Amari06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)