Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is religion apart of your intimacy?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 22 Replies
What does the statement, "If you don't pray together, you haven't been intimate",mean to you? Do you and your mate share the same beliefs? If not, how does it affect your relationship?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this
We are Muslim. We pray as a family but there are times I rather pray alone.
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM
We both believe in God but have our own relationships with him. I think everyone should.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Yes, we are both Christians. We more alone than together, because I personally feel like my prayer time is my time alone with God, and some things are just between me and Him.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM
The only reason it might be true is because if a couple prays together most likely they share the same ideology about life. Christianity is thorough enough that it encompasses a lot of beliefs about a lot of things in life and how people should live their lives. So if they share those things in common, they are more likely to stay together or be "intimate". But you could say the same thing then about Satanists or Scientologists.
I don't think praying is a full proof way for couples to be together forever. But I believe it's part of it.
newwifenmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I do think if we shared the same beliefs we'd be even closer...

mummie2b2010
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM
I brought this statement to my grandmother who is pretty much married to an atheist and I asked her, how does it affect your relationship or marriage of 30+ years? She said she doesn't pray with him, well during times of heartache or hardship she has(he didnt participate). She said she is happy that she has a relationship with god and knows his will, and knows the time will come when he will also.
mummie2b2010
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I think a relationships strength is provided the spiritual being you answer to. I don't think I could date or marry an atheist or someone whose beliefs are contrast to mines. It makes me love that man even more to see the love he has for the lord.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM
What would you do if he lost his faith

Quoting mummie2b2010:

I think a relationships strength is provided the spiritual being you answer to. I don't think I could date or marry an atheist or someone whose beliefs are contrast to mines. It makes me love that man even more to see the love he has for the lord.
mummie2b2010
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I would try and help him find it again, and if it didn't change his character I probably wouldn't leave but wouldn't give up on helping him restore it.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

What would you do if he lost his faith

Quoting mummie2b2010:

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM

We share the same beliefs but in the end, that wasn't enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)