Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TEMPTATION-OMG

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 40 Replies

So a few days ago maybe a week i made a post about my boring bedroom life and how i was unpleased with my Fiance....

Then TEMPTATION HITS REDBOX

So i take my lil debit card and get the movie. I watch it alone at first and it looks like someone took my relationship and made a movie out of it (minus the cheating thankgod)

I dont want to get too deep into it because idk who has seen it...but lord knows how her husband was treating her is exactly how Jay was treating me, causing me to be bored and frustrated. Shooting down my dreams and ignoring my wants and desires. Then complaining about small shit like not having dinner prepared...it made me feel unappreciated and taken for granted. He's my first and i could never imagine cheating on him but for a moment i honestly desired to make a male friend. someone i could text. Someone who'd send me goodmorning sweetheart text like he used to, or tell me im beautiful, and make me laugh, or offer to take me out to the movies or dinner. My naive mind felt like if i had this person i wouldnt mind so much my fiance' ignoring me, not once thinking maybe that would lead to sex. Watching this movie made me immediately open my mouth and truly express to my fiance how i felt. Talk to him with out those pun intended jokes. I even cried because i could never imagine becoming another Judith. The conversation we had was amazing and that movie to me was scary as hell to watch because it seemed so real and it made me wonder how close was i to possibly going down the road she went. Things wont be perfect but im glad i finally woman up and told him how i felt and in the past few days he has been so much more open with me. We are bestfriends...and hes a GREAT hubby just like the man in the movie...but he was missing a few things and im glad i was able to tell him what those things were and see where we go from there. I cant imagine losing him, hurting him, or being with anyone else...

what did you guys think of Temptation, did it inspire you also?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I've never seen it, but I guess my question is why did you wait so long to say something to him?

SoPoetic
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I did say things to him. But i always said them playfully, angrily, or in the heat of the moment. I always waited until we fought to tell him about himself. Or id joke it off. Im really nice person and i hate hurting peoples feelings and i never wanted to say anything hurtful. I guess i just didnt know how to word it. Then it came a time when i did say stuff seriously and he just never listened. He was in his own world almost. But lately ive been able to really just talk to him about US and he listens and gives me feedback and even works on what i talk about it. 

Quoting .Peaches.:

I've never seen it, but I guess my question is why did you wait so long to say something to him?

.Peaches.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SoPoetic:

I did say things to him. But i always said them playfully, angrily, or in the heat of the moment. I always waited until we fought to tell him about himself. Or id joke it off. Im really nice person and i hate hurting peoples feelings and i never wanted to say anything hurtful. I guess i just didnt know how to word it. Then it came a time when i did say stuff seriously and he just never listened. He was in his own world almost. But lately ive been able to really just talk to him about US and he listens and gives me feedback and even works on what i talk about it. 

Quoting .Peaches.:

If there's anything I've learned over the years, its that if there is a problem, it needs to be addressed WHEN it happens, not down line, because the response from men is generally the same: Why did you wait so long?

I'm glad ya'll were able to talk about it and I hope the changes stick.

TishHughes
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
JUDITH!! JUDITH!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!
Bunsmommy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
This right here is mama's lil' spesho baby!

Quoting TishHughes:

JUDITH!! JUDITH!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM
BAHA! I was LMAO in the theater during that part. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny but...

Quoting TishHughes:

JUDITH!! JUDITH!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!
SoPoetic
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I laughed too cu brandy was looking like wtf im not judith lls

Quoting moosesmom:

BAHA! I was LMAO in the theater during that part. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny but...

Quoting TishHughes:

JUDITH!! JUDITH!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!
poppyseed77
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I'm glad that it inspired you in a positive way.  I think in general thats's what TP tries to do.  Good luck with your relationship.  If he is a good man , keep him...ain't shit out there....

CafeMom Tickers
SoPoetic
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Hes the best thing that has ever happened to me aside from gettung custody of my sister and finally getting a mom. I couldnt imagine loosing him and it scares me to feel like I may have come close just because the communication was screwed up

Quoting poppyseed77:

I'm glad that it inspired you in a positive way.  I think in genreal thats's what TP tries to do.  Good luck with your relashionship.  If he is a good man , keep him...ain't shit out there....

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
LOL!

Quoting SoPoetic:

I laughed too cu brandy was looking like wtf im not judith lls

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting TishHughes:

JUDITH!! JUDITH!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)