Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
I like for our family and what names did you pick out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I always said that if I had another child, male or female, Id call them Harper. I've absolutely fallen in love with that name lol
k.smith.24
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM
3 moms liked this
Im african american and me and dh have agreed to the names skylar elaine and khloe mae the middle names are our grandmother names and we jus both love them.
Babyhouston2B
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Sure ok but all my life someone always have a problem with everything sure its no black girls named Molly but I'm n a biracial married I want our child to love both races the same

Quoting leaniece:

Um, Pink means no harm. I'm sure she just never heard an AA girl named Molly.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM
3 moms liked this
The ladies here are pretty laid back. I'm sorry you've had problems with others but in all fairness--Pink didn't know that. Shes pretty nice. Once you start conversing with the ladies here, you will see that MOST won't dish out an attitude when asking a question or leaving a comment. Try not to get offended so easily-- we like talking to other moms too. We're not just here to be bitches- excuse my language. That room is called Moms Confession.

Quoting Babyhouston2B:

Sure ok but all my life someone always have a problem with everything sure its no black girls named Molly but I'm n a biracial married I want our child to love both races the same

Quoting leaniece:

Babyhouston2B
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Hi. Ok I know but all I have is rude people say things nicer not like I'm speaking diffently I just get tried of people being judgment on me

Quoting leaniece:

The ladies here are pretty laid back. I'm sorry you've had problems with others but in all fairness--Pink didn't know that. Shes pretty nice. Once you start conversing with the ladies here, you will see that MOST won't dish out an attitude when asking a question or leaving a comment. Try not to get offended so easily-- we like talking to other moms too. We're not just here to be bitches- excuse my language. That room is called Moms Confession.

Quoting Babyhouston2B:

Quoting leaniece:

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I love the name Mae

Quoting k.smith.24:

Im african american and me and dh have agreed to the names skylar elaine and khloe mae the middle names are our grandmother names and we jus both love them.

gem618
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think Molly is a cute name no matter what the race is.  My mom almost named my AA sister Penelope...now that may have been a first...lol.   She ended up naming my sister Wendy instead.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Just be yourself. Making an introduction post will give us a chance to get to know you. We get new members all the time. Some are nice, some are troublemakers. If you introduce yourself, most likely the veteran mommies will welcome you and then you can kind of sense the vibe of the group. You have to let go of the negativity that you encountered in real life. We are completely different people.

Quoting Babyhouston2B:

Hi. Ok I know but all I have is rude people say things nicer not like I'm speaking diffently I just get tried of people being judgment on me

Quoting leaniece:

Quoting Babyhouston2B:

Quoting leaniece:

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never met any white children in real life named Molly.  LOL

Quoting leaniece:

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
You just made me laugh! Me either!

Quoting SunFlower700:

I've never met any white children in real life named Molly.  LOL

Quoting leaniece:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)