Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Dating a younger man....

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 27 Replies

I think I am starting to fall for a younger man. It was not on purpose and I am fighting it with everything thats in me because we are business partners.  But the more I try to fight it, the more drawn to him I become. We argue like cats and dogs, but for some reason, there is some kind of connection between us that keeps us from walking away. Am I crazy or what? He's 24 and I'm 44. Has anyone ever dated a man that was 10 or 20 years younger? How did you cope? Did anything serious develop?

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes and I'm glad i experience it because he made me who I am today....Good, Bad and Ugly!!!!

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this
No....but I'm 27 so Id be in jail.....I have dated a guy that was 3 yrs younger..he was cute, sweet & everything else but I like older guys
SoPoetic
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

My DF was in Hs when i was in my freshman year of college. It was difficult. His friends were influencing him to do whatever he wanted. I was focussed on school and work..he was trying to figure out what suit to wear to prom lol. 

summerssky
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends on your plans with him and it depends on the age of your children.  If you plan to have a relationship with a 24-year old, don't expect to grow old with him.  If you have children close to his age, forget it, it's like sleeping with your son or your daughter's boyfriend.  If you don't have children at all, go for it, but, it'll only be about sex.  My opinion.

kjc143
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I dated a guy 20 yrs older once... He really didn't look like it so I wasn't aware initially. He was alright, he wanted something more serious than I did. Ultimately, I got turned off because he was trying too hard to be young. And if I was looking for something long term at the time, I would've wanted someone I could grow old WITH.

I don't see anything wrong with trying it out. See where his head is. But take whatever he says at face value... That's just men in general though.
goins1119
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I do have a son who is three years younger. We are not in a relationship but we have been intimate which probably complicated our business relationship. I don't know, I guess I am just feeling a little confused..

SoPoetic
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Idk this reminds me of the game...when Tasha Mack was dating lil young boy..Malik was not taking that ish seriously lol. I dont think your son will approve.

Quoting goins1119:

I do have a son who is three years younger. We are not in a relationship but we have been intimate which probably complicated our business relationship. I don't know, I guess I am just feeling a little confused..

goins1119
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My son is not your typical 21 year old. He is much too self absorbed to care. LOL. He has met him and never had anything negative to say. My son doesn't really care who I date. He just wants me to be happy. Not really sure if my daughter or my youngest son would approve though. They are very protective and probably don't want me to date anyone young or old. lol

Quoting SoPoetic:

Idk this reminds me of the game...when Tasha Mack was dating lil young boy..Malik was not taking that ish seriously lol. I dont think your son will approve.

Quoting goins1119:

SoPoetic
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this

well YOLO. Do what makes you happy. I personally would take this really slow though. 24..is young..men mature way later then we do. I hope he isnt your "average" 24 year old.

Quoting goins1119:

My son is not your typical 21 year old. He is much too self absorbed to care. LOL. He has met him and never had anything negative to say. My son doesn't really care who I date. He just wants me to be happy. Not really sure if my daughter or my youngest son would approve though. They are very protective and probably don't want me to date anyone young or old. lol

Quoting SoPoetic:

Quoting goins1119:

Aslen
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Not that young, but I will NEVER date a yunger man again. IDGAF if he's a DAY younger than me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)