Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I don't know what to do!

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 97 Replies
My husband and I had a big misunderstanding early last month which led me to leave the house with our daughter..I didn't tell him where we were going but he found out somehow. He keeps coming here begging me to let him in so he can explain things and saying that he's sorry. He said he wants us back and that he has sent his mother packing (she was the cause of our problems). I never let him in though cos I don't know if I should believe him. I'm confused. I want him back but i'm scared that he's just doing this to take our daughter away from me.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoPoetic
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

If it was a misunderstanding, then why cant it be worked out? Also if he's a good dad you should deprive him of seeing his child...Seems like your story is missing some important details. Its kinda vague. I dont think you will get sound advice without those details...because from what im reading im a little confused as to why you would think he'd try to take your daughter from you...

Jantera
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Oh sweetie what happened? I hope nothing physical or verbal happened, any how you mention about his mom is she coming between y'all marriage? Mother- inlaws, girl they something else..I hope it works out for you.

Quoting Ifunanya:

My husband and I had a big misunderstanding early last month which led me to leave the house with our daughter..I didn't tell him where we were going but he found out somehow. He keeps coming here begging me to let him in so he can explain things and saying that he's sorry. He said he wants us back and that he has sent his mother packing (she was the cause of our problems). I never let him in though cos I don't know if I should believe him. I'm confused. I want him back but i'm scared that he's just doing this to take our daughter away from me.

Jantera
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Good point..yeah she left out a lot of details..

Quoting SoPoetic:

If it was a misunderstanding, then why cant it be worked out? Also if he's a good dad you should deprive him of seeing his child...Seems like your story is missing some important details. Its kinda vague. I dont think you will get sound advice without those details...because from what im reading im a little confused as to why you would think he'd try to take your daughter from you...

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Why would he take you daughter????

Ifunanya
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM
His mother moved in with us when I got sick in a few months ago. She was supposed to help take care of our 2 kids. She never liked me so she used that as an oppurtunity to turn my life upside down She was verbally abusive to me and she didn't even help out with the kids but instead increased my burden cos I had to run her errands and do her own chores. I couldn't get my husband to even listen to my side of the story because she had already poisoned his mind against me. I left with our daughter when I couldnt stand it anymore. He never supported me and he kept saying that his mother won't be so mean to me if I did things right. And now he says he wants me back..

Quoting SoPoetic:

SoPoetic
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM

If you have 2 kids how come you only left with 1? 

Quoting Ifunanya:

His mother moved in with us when I got sick in a few months ago. She was supposed to help take care of our 2 kids. She never liked me so she used that as an oppurtunity to turn my life upside down She was verbally abusive to me and she didn't even help out with the kids but instead increased my burden cos I had to run her errands and do her own chores. I couldn't get my husband to even listen to my side of the story because she had already poisoned his mind against me. I left with our daughter when I couldnt stand it anymore. He never supported me and he kept saying that his mother won't be so mean to me if I did things right. And now he says he wants me back..

Quoting SoPoetic:

Ifunanya
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Our son is older than our daughter and more attached to my husband so I assumed he loves him more. I know for sure that if I took him, he'd look for me. I didn't think he'd miss our daughter. Guess I was wrong. And I couldn't leave both or take both. I could nevver forgive myself either way.

Quoting SoPoetic:

Quoting Ifunanya:

Quoting SoPoetic:

CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:29 PM
4 moms liked this
Hmmmm, something is off with this story. You split up your family because you don't like your mil? Was that the only option? Is your health better? If so why is she still there? Does mil have her own place? Do you have power as the woman of the house?
SoPoetic
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Im not understanding how you couldnt take both? Or why you would assume your husband wouldnt miss his daughter.....Or that your son wouldnt miss you????

So if you arent going to answer the door for him, then does that mean you have had no contact with your son. Im trying not my very best not to judge you...but i just dont understand your story. Ima give you a bump so the other moms can give you maybe better replies. Good luck momma.

Quoting Ifunanya:

Our son is older than our daughter and more attached to my husband so I assumed he loves him more. I know for sure that if I took him, he'd look for me. I didn't think he'd miss our daughter. Guess I was wrong. And I couldn't leave both or take both. I could nevver forgive myself either way.

Quoting SoPoetic:

Quoting Ifunanya:

Quoting SoPoetic:

Ifunanya
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I'm pregnant and I'd been having some coamplications so the doctor said I should make sure I didn't exhaust myself. She caused me a lot of physical and phsycological discomfort that put both me and my unborn baby in danger and she had my husband wrapped around her fingers so that was the best option. She has her own place but even after I got better she refused to leave.

Quoting CoolRelax:

Hmmmm, something is off with this story. You split up your family because you don't like your mil? Was that the only option? Is your health better? If so why is she still there? Does mil have her own place? Do you have power as the woman of the house?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)