Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A couple who never argues....

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

One of my co-workers and I were talking one day about marriage and relationships, which we always do. She mentioned that in the 3 years that her and her husband have been married, she can count on one hand how many times they've gotten into an argument...she said they never argue or get into disagreements. Now, I understand the difference between an argument, disagreement and a flat out fight. My husband and I have been married for 4 years, together for 5 1/2 and yes, we argue and disagree from time to time. There's a such thing as a healthy arguement, it allows both people to clear the air of their feelings. My question is, do you think it's possible for a couple to NEVER argue? Could it be that she doesn't understand the difference? She's 23 and he's 29, they don't have any children yet.

*LovingLife*

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babujai
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
This may sound simplistic but I think it depends on how they meet. Dating agencies and websites match people based on compatibility. I suppose the more two people have in common the less likely they would be to disagree...which sounds pretty boring to me. I think couples that meet more traditionally have some things in common, but find strength in their relationship from where they are complementary rather than compatible, but there will be disagreements in this kind of relationship.
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Honestly DH&I never argue, we've one major one in our marriage. We"ve had disagreements! He was in a previous relationship where the girl argued all the time! He doesn't like argue&neither do I.
When we 1st married 17yrs. ago we got stationed in a city, we knew no one no family! All we had was each other! I think coupled with the fact that we hate to argued. Made it easy to just work things out. I'm not saying we're perfect but we do things that works for us! And if we have an disagreement even out in public? No one will ever know!
SoPoetic
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Quoting Hottmomma607:

Honestly DH&I never argue, we've one major one in our marriage. We"ve had disagreements! He was in a previous relationship where the girl argued all the time! He doesn't like argue&neither do I.
When we 1st married 17yrs. ago we got stationed in a city, we knew no one no family! All we had was each other! I think coupled with the fact that we hate to argued. Made it easy to just work things out. I'm not saying we're perfect but we do things that works for us! And if we have an disagreement even out in public? No one will ever know!

complete opposite here. Df and I moved to this state where we have no friends and dont know anybody...all weve been doing is arguing. Its depressing.
SoPoetic
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Id love to not argue. Shit im jealous.
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe it. Some couples have the ability to just talk thing out w/o it getting to the arguing stage. My husband and I have disagreements but we don't argue..My husband runs a pretty successful business, he spends his days arguing and fighting at work he doesn't want that when he gets home..He likes peace and tranquility. I like to get to the issue, resolve it and move on..We are perfect for each other.

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM
3 moms liked this
They humans, inperfect humans, even adam & eve probably had some type of disagreement. Some people like to sugarcoat their life, want everyone to believe they perfect. Pleaaase!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM
3 moms liked this

People that say that don't have me fooled for a second or must be in denial.

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Didn't we tell you pick your battles! Learn to work together as a team. Everything he does is not gonna be cute! At that same time he'll deal with your stuff that bothers him!

Quoting SoPoetic:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

complete opposite here. Df and I moved to this state where we have no friends and dont know anybody...all weve been doing is arguing. Its depressing.
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM
There are people who are like that! But as humans we love to believe in the bad rather than the good. People wanna trust all the negative rather than embrace the positive. In our household we do what works for us! Rather people understand it or believe it?

Quoting hopealways4019:

They humans, inperfect humans, even adam & eve probably had some type of disagreement. Some people like to sugarcoat their life, want everyone to believe they perfect. Pleaaase!
Believe86
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
In any relationship there should be more good days than bad days. I do believe if you communicate well and respect one another you'll be able to work through your issues. But of course there's gonna be disagreements in between. My hubby and I have grown so much and have learned to address issues on the spot...there's still so much more to learn and we're willing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)