Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Im seriously in SHOCK

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 31 Replies
5 moms liked this

Lately Df and I have been having a rough time. We had our worse fight ever a few weeks ago in which i very imaturely tossed my engagement ring into the woods behind our apartment. I was never able to retrieve the ring. 

The arguement was more so an outpouring of emotions neither of us had expressed in months. We have been very awkward towards eachother lately. This morning he sent me an extremely long text apologizing for our previous arguements, apologizing for him asking me to take "his" ring off in the first place. The text message was really sweet and beautiful. We also have our first fertility apointment next week and also have couples counseling in two weeks with a nice therapist in our area, who had great reviews. Anyways....Things are looking up for us. 

Well today we hung out. Went shopping for Kennedy's fall clothes, caught a couple sales. We ate at Hibatchi (our lil spot) and we took the dog to petsmart, also went shopping for custumes...

Then he says i gotta run into Kays to pay a bill right quick and he come out with THIS

It doesnt fit yet but i have a ring gaurd on it and ill have it resized. Kays said it would take up to 2 weeks but Jared will resize same day. The guy at Kays said im not supposed to wear the band until we are married. 

Im in awee :)

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcrenshawswifey
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Oooooohhhh! That's very pretty. I want a new one too. I'm jealous. Glad things are looking up for you two. I hope it continues.
SoPoetic
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Gurl the conversation me and you had last night, i would have never imagined he had this up his sleeve today. Thats just crazy. Im still shocked!

Quoting jcrenshawswifey:

Oooooohhhh! That's very pretty. I want a new one too. I'm jealous. Glad things are looking up for you two. I hope it continues.

mseelen
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this
YEAH! !!! From your title, I was thinking, Oh No, how much more can she take?

I am happy for you. You deserve good things in your life!
SoPoetic
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Nope nope nope! Everything is really starting to line up. I talked to Ta'Niha yesterday and she confided in me and told me she started her period in school and was embarrassed, then i made her feel comfy enough to tell her mom and they had a mother daughter moment shopping for pads (ewww) 10 is so young tho i was 13 lol. Everything is really falling in place, im just EXTREMELY nervous about this appt next week with Duke lol

Quoting mseelen:

YEAH! !!! From your title, I was thinking, Oh No, how much more can she take?

I am happy for you. You deserve good things in your life!

jcrenshawswifey
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Right! It really is a beautiful ring. You go head with yo bad self Mister Jay!

Quoting SoPoetic:

Gurl the conversation me and you had last night, i would have never imagined he had this up his sleeve today. Thats just crazy. Im still shocked!

Quoting jcrenshawswifey:

SoPoetic
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I picked it out a few weeks ago..and it was another one in there that was cheaper then this one and he still picked the more expensive one. He always out does him self...and the people at Kays no him personally Lmao. 

Quoting jcrenshawswifey:

Right! It really is a beautiful ring. You go head with yo bad self Mister Jay!

Quoting SoPoetic:

Quoting jcrenshawswifey:

mom2eight31
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
First let me say I told your spoiled butt to calm down long time ago. this man cherishes the ground u walk on hw has been there with u through EVERYTHING and not going anywhere. I'm happy to know yall are on better terms now and couples argue its apart of life there's no "perfect" relationship out here. now about this MF'n banging ring wowwww!!! this joint here is Hot!! Yesss u go jay thumbs mf'n up... & yes u don't wear the band until your married. The most important thing is keep everyone out of your relationship that's when most problems happen. u & him can work out your problems or issues u don't need your "nosey" people that just wanna be in the business have nothing good to say or good advice to give knowing anything. I love ya'll & wishing ya'll all the best..

Quoting SoPoetic:

Lately Df and I have been having a rough time. We had our worse fight ever a few weeks ago in which i very imaturely tossed my engagement ring into the woods behind our apartment. I was never able to retrieve the ring. 

The arguement was more so an outpouring of emotions neither of us had expressed in months. We have been very awkward towards eachother lately. This morning he sent me an extremely long text apologizing for our previous arguements, apologizing for him asking me to take "his" ring off in the first place. The text message was really sweet and beautiful. We also have our first fertility apointment next week and also have couples counseling in two weeks with a nice therapist in our area, who had great reviews. Anyways....Things are looking up for us. 

Well today we hung out. Went shopping for Kennedy's fall clothes, caught a couple sales. We ate at Hibatchi (our lil spot) and we took the dog to petsmart, also went shopping for custumes...

Then he says i gotta run into Kays to pay a bill right quick and he come out with THIS

It doesnt fit yet but i have a ring gaurd on it and ill have it resized. Kays said it would take up to 2 weeks but Jared will resize same day. The guy at Kays said im not supposed to wear the band until we are married. 

SoPoetic
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM

aww KiKi SIS I LOVE YOU! I know i can be spoiled but you and I both know that Jay can and will be an ASSHOLE lol. But he does love me like no other and he is great. I talk to much thats my issue, he gets so tired of me having everyone in our business or me worried about what other people think. I admit i have selfesteem issue and all im doing is trying to make friends or have people like me, its not a good look, and im sure i look thirsty at times, I know therapy will help me with that though, least im taking the step and admitting i have the problem lol.

Quoting mom2eight31:

First let me say I told your spoiled butt to calm down long time ago. this man cherishes the ground u walk on hw has been there with u through EVERYTHING and not going anywhere. I'm happy to know yall are on better terms now and couples argue its apart of life there's no "perfect" relationship out here. now about this MF'n banging ring wowwww!!! this joint here is Hot!! Yesss u go jay thumbs mf'n up... & yes u don't wear the band until your married. The most important thing is keep everyone out of your relationship that's when most problems happen. u & him can work out your problems or issues u don't need your "nosey" people that just wanna be in the business have nothing good to say or good advice to give knowing anything. I love ya'll & wishing ya'll all the best..

Quoting SoPoetic:

smiley83
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Pretty!
mom2eight31
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I love u more lil sis & your not on this earth to please anyone. love yourself and know your loved by plenty. never be press for friendship because at the end of the day we were born alone we going die alone. u know who ur friends are new/or old keep them. You can't please everybody they going talk if u doing good or bad. I too battled and still battling with low self esteem its from our upbringing of not feeling loved by who we needed it from but that's in the past we have to live for the future and u & jay have nothing but great things ahead in yall life take that in stride & be blessed. keep your head up lil sis know I'm always here.

Quoting SoPoetic:

aww KiKi SIS I LOVE YOU! I know i can be spoiled but you and I both know that Jay can and will be an ASSHOLE lol. But he does love me like no other and he is great. I talk to much thats my issue, he gets so tired of me having everyone in our business or me worried about what other people think. I admit i have selfesteem issue and all im doing is trying to make friends or have people like me, its not a good look, and im sure i look thirsty at times, I know therapy will help me with that though, least im taking the step and admitting i have the problem lol.

Quoting mom2eight31:

Quoting SoPoetic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN