Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I'm Late...UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 206 Replies

By 2 months exactly. I know I'm pregnant. There's no need to test. But I don't want to be. I don't think I can handle having 3 kids under 4 running around. My husband is going to freak! Not in the 
"Oh babe, that's amazing news! Let's plan the nursary right now!" kind of way. More like in the "Um, no you aren't. I rebuke it in the name of Mary, Moses, Cain, Abel, Jesus, Joseph, Adam and Eve" type of way.

I want my baby, but I don't want to put my family on an even MORE financial strain then we're already dealing with. I don't want to add more stress onto my husband. I KNOW he can't handle another baby right now. He doesn't want to. Troi is enough. I know it's all my fault. I haven't been taking my birth control like I'm supposed to. I've skipped days, hell sometimes weeks. No use crying over spilled milk right?

I should tell him. But I don't want to. He's going to shake me for sure. Anyone wanna volunteer to tell him for me? I'll pay you whatever you want. Any takers? JK(not really)!

What would you ladies do in this situation?

UPDATE:

I tested (positive of course) and I told him wednesday night. I'm a coward so I did it while holding the sleeping baby to avoid him shaking me. The first words out of his mouth were "But you aren't keeping it right?" I avoided that question like the plague. After so many times of him asking and me not giving direct answers, he left. I didn't hear from him for the entire day. I know he made it to work this morning because I called his job. I know he's at his grandmother's because his brother just sent me a text saying that DH is spinning, lining up the living room furniture and humming. I asked my BIL to ask DH if he was coming home. He told me DH's answer was "No. Never." I ended up calling. The conversation went like this:

Me: Are you coming home?

Him: No. Never.

Me: Why not?

Him: I can't come home. I can't do it. Not yet. Not Now. My head, my head. No. Never.

Me: But I need you. Come home. I'll fix your head. 

Him: I need you too, Punk. But no, never. Not today. Later. A lot later.

Me: When? Just give me a day. Please?

Him: Two days. 

Me: Half a day? I'll see you in half a day.

Him: You're trying to trick me, Punk. It won't work. I'm autistic, not stupid. Half a day is too soon. Two days. Sunday. On Sunday. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. Two days, on sunday.

Me: I love you. Stop spinning in your grandmother's living room before you break something.Your head will feel a lot better. Lie down and go to sleep.

Him: NO! NEVER! 

He hung up on me after that. I've decided I'm giving him til my doctor's appointment to come around. If not, I'll proceed from there.

To the ladies with Neurotypical husbands, consider yourselves damn lucky! I really can't complain because this is the man I've chosen, but sometimes I wish...

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Bite the bullet and tell dh. I have a feeling from your description your dh is going to be mad as hell so I suggest some tears be flowing when you tell.

I know this may sound nosey but why have sex when your skipping taking the bc on some days
jcrenshawswifey
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Because I'm young and stupid and I'm dickmatized. And yes, he will be mad as hell but tears won't stop him from ripping me a new asshole.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Bite the bullet and tell dh. I have a feeling from your description your dh is going to be mad as hell so I suggest some tears be flowing when you tell.

I know this may sound nosey but why have sex when your skipping taking the bc on some days

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Well gotta put on ya big girl draws and head into the lions den. Can't stall forever

Quoting jcrenshawswifey:

Because I'm young and stupid and I'm dickmatized. And yes, he will be mad as hell but tears won't stop him from ripping me a new asshole.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

SoPoetic
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:39 AM
3 moms liked this

His mind is going to go into overdrive. Prepare for you whole entire neighborhood to be lined up from big to small. Maybe when he shakes you, it will be hard enough that youll lose your memory and forget what he shook ya for!

Idk momma its gonna be okay. God doesnt put more on you then what you can handle.

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Well I know my hunni would excited because he wants another baby so bad. I would just tell him and go from there. Good luck mommy!!!
bonitalilmama
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM

You have no choice but to tell him, unless you can keep it from him in nine months and then he will find out or take other measures 

WifeySlymm
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm pregnant with my 4th kid... I've got a 12, 4,1 and now this one... DH was the same way... told him deal with it...I'm pregnant and we are having a baby... I won't lie he was upset at first but he got over it. Found out it was a boy last week and he is over the damn moon. It will all work out and be okay.. hell send me ya number i'll tell him for you

jcrenshawswifey
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Lmao! Thanks for that laugh, I needed it. 

Quoting SoPoetic:

His mind is going to go into overdrive. Prepare for you whole entire neighborhood to be lined up from big to small. Maybe when he shakes you, it will be hard enough that youll lose your memory and forget what he shook ya for!

Idk momma its gonna be okay. God doesnt put more on you then what you can handle.

RandRMomma
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Just tell him. I've been through something similar in the last few weeks. I found out I was pregnant, SO was over the moon...until I had to decide whether my health was more important or the fetus. Your DH will eventually come around. They usually do. Is there anything you can do to help relieve some of the financial strain?
alisheamonet33
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

does he know that you haven't  been taking your bc regularly? if so he cant be but so mad . but either way you have to bite the bullet and let him know i cant say anything abt you not taking your pills that's why i have  my four i could never remember to take my pills thats why after my last one i got my tubes tied! good luck momma !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN