Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Those songs we sang as lil girls...............

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ladies you remember playing hand games and singing double-dutch songs at recess and just playing on the street? Well, i just heard my nieces singing them and it was like "NOOO not my innocent babies, do they know what they are saying?!" And it occured to me that, when we were little singing them, we knew they were bad, but did not know why. THESE kids today probably DO know EXACTLY what they are saying. I remember that Boyfriend song (Nas used it in the Oochie Wally hook) and it went 

My boyfriend is a cutie...........he really, really, really, really BUSTED my booty

He really, really, really turned me out

He really, really, really criss-crossed me down

He really, really, really swam through the ocean He really, really, really put his thang in motion He really, really, really took me to his house He really, really, really pushed me on the couch He really, really, really took me to the east, took me to the west....now i passed my test...WORD UP!!

Or....Telephone, telephone, telephone, telephone Hey (your name)? (What?) Hey (your name)? (What?) Somebody' on the Telephone (Who is it?) (Your boyfriend) (I know what he want.He want my lips, my tips, my booty and my hips)" 

Or...Brick wall, waterfall, girl, you think you got it all, but you don’t. I do. So BOOM with the attitude. Wait.Come back! You need a tic-tac! Not one, not two, but the whole damn pack.

Those were the songs!!!! LOL

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jantera
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Oh the memories..
SoPoetic
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Shame shame shame I dont wannna go to mexico no more more more theres a big fat policeman at the door door door lls
akingsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I don't know none of those smh
AlliviasMommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM

He grabbed me by the collar...and made me pay a dollar!!! But I also heard he'll grab you by the neck & make you write a check lol

Quoting SoPoetic:

Shame shame shame I dont wannna go to mexico no more more more theres a big fat policeman at the door door door lls

isaiahbellamom
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Miss Mary Mack Mack all dressed in black black with silver buttons buttons all down her back back back................
AlliviasMommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I didn't even know what I was talking about..I remember Pony by Ginuwine when it came out too lol

Quoting Jantera:

Oh the memories..

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I never sung any of those as a little kid. My dad would've knocked me into next week, time traveled, and knocked me back into the current week.

I mean the songs in the OP, not the respnses- I remember the songs in the replies.

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:47 PM
This one I know. I've never heard the ones in the op

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Miss Mary Mack Mack all dressed in black black with silver buttons buttons all down her back back back................
diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I know this one:

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

DVS
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Uno dosi esa from the east the west I met my boyfriend at the candy store he bought me ice he bought cake he sent me home with a belly ache Mama mama call the doctor quick quick quick. doctor doctor when if die count to five and I'm alive

That is close as I could get
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN