Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Those songs we sang as lil girls...............

Posted by   + Show Post

Ladies you remember playing hand games and singing double-dutch songs at recess and just playing on the street? Well, i just heard my nieces singing them and it was like "NOOO not my innocent babies, do they know what they are saying?!" And it occured to me that, when we were little singing them, we knew they were bad, but did not know why. THESE kids today probably DO know EXACTLY what they are saying. I remember that Boyfriend song (Nas used it in the Oochie Wally hook) and it went 

My boyfriend is a cutie...........he really, really, really, really BUSTED my booty

He really, really, really turned me out

He really, really, really criss-crossed me down

He really, really, really swam through the ocean He really, really, really put his thang in motion He really, really, really took me to his house He really, really, really pushed me on the couch He really, really, really took me to the east, took me to the west....now i passed my test...WORD UP!!

Or....Telephone, telephone, telephone, telephone Hey (your name)? (What?) Hey (your name)? (What?) Somebody' on the Telephone (Who is it?) (Your boyfriend) (I know what he want.He want my lips, my tips, my booty and my hips)" 

Or...Brick wall, waterfall, girl, you think you got it all, but you don’t. I do. So BOOM with the attitude. Wait.Come back! You need a tic-tac! Not one, not two, but the whole damn pack.

Those were the songs!!!! LOL

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Replies (11-19):
ebbierowe
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I must have been an innocent cause all I was singing was "Ms. Molly Mack all dressed in black"

my mama would have knocked me out so hard if she heard me singing those songs I would just now be waking up...

tears30314
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Now op I'm not familiar with those butbi know the ones in the response and I grew up in the city for like three yrs trust those fast assed heffas knew what they were talking about.
SonShine11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I remember all of these songs unfortunately... Smh there was one that started off like " The devil made me do it" I'm done
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Wow!!!!!! What kind of songs are those for little girls??????  I sang different songs like Miss Mary Mack, or Cinderella dressed in yellow but we didn't sing anything like that. Those must have been the songs the little girls my mama never let me play with sang.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting misssy2000:

Wow!!!!!! What kind of songs are those for little girls??????  I sang different songs like Miss Mary Mack, or Cinderella dressed in yellow but we didn't sing anything like that. Those must have been the songs the little girls my mama never let me play with sang.

Ditto.

My parents would've had my behind if they heard me singing that crap!

truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I loved the hand clap games with the songs like twill lil leet (sp?).

joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I know this one. But the ones in the OP, yeah, not at all.

Quoting isaiahbellamom:

Miss Mary Mack Mack all dressed in black black with silver buttons buttons all down her back back back................

joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Girl, I'm tryin to tell you! Both my folks would have had to whoop my behind. And I will do the same to my kids if I hear that nonsense coming out of their mouths.

Quoting .Peaches.:I never sung any of those as a little kid. My dad would've knocked me into next week, time traveled, and knocked me back into the current week.I mean the songs in the OP, not the respnses- I remember the songs in the replies.
joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I know this one too

Quoting DVS:

Uno dosi esa from the east the west I met my boyfriend at the candy store he bought me ice he bought cake he sent me home with a belly ache Mama mama call the doctor quick quick quick. doctor doctor when if die count to five and I'm alive

That is close as I could get

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN