Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I am so sad...not feeling sad, sad as in....I don't know, just read the post, lol *long*

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 24 Replies

Backstory: back in my early life, I was deployed to Iraq. While I was in Iraq, I met a young lil' private named Lopez. I put his first name in another post but his name is so common, nobody will ever find him. Anyhow, me and this Private Lopez hit off. Got friendly and...yeah, we're all adults so no need for details. LOL, so then the time came for me to head back to 'Merica, leaving ol' PVT Lopez back in Iraq. He eventually ended up redeploying, getting married, had a baby, then another baby, got out of the army. I ended up doing the same, came back in. The rest is history.

Years go by and I, from time to time, still thought about ol' PVT Lopez. I really liked that lil' boy, y'all. Like really liked him....more than I like my kid's dad liked him.

Fast forward to July 23rdish, 2011. I'm roaming around Kandahar, Afghanistan. Sitting up in the internet cafe, minding MY OWN business. Trying to figure out how I get the internet to work on my cell phone (cause I had to have my FB & CM). Mind you, it's about midnight and my silly behind is just roaming earth..by myself...cause I'm thug like that. I'm finishing up in the cafe and I get up to walk away. There's a bald man with a beard standing in the corner by the door with his arms folded staring at me in my face. I think "the fuck is he looking at" and I give him the "fuck are you looking at?" look and I walk out of the door. 2 steps out, I realize who I just have that dirty look to. I turned around and who was it? You guessed it, it was lil' ol' PVT Lopez who is clearly no longer PVT Lopez but he's now Mr. Lopez. So I smile and try to act all hard but truth was I could have hugged that man so hard, his rib cage would have caved in. Anyway, he gave me a hug and we talked for a few minutes and then he was about to go but I wasn't letting him leave without getting his number. We exchanged numbers and went on our way. Saying that I was ecstatic is an extreme understatement. I came back, we saw each other, he pissed me off. I blocked him and never talked to him again. Now I regret it.

Last night I dreamed about him. I had somehow gotten in touch with him and asked him what part of Afghanistan he was going to because I was going to be headed back soon. He told me and I was sad because it wasn't the same part that I'm going to. When we caught up back in 2011, he had told me that he had gotten out of the Army had been doing contracting every since so I can't lie, I've thought about what would happen if I ran into him again? Oh goooooodness.. Any and all morals and values that I have would be tossed out of the window.

Who on earth still thinks and dreams about a person so long after not having contact with them? How lame is that? I don't know what it was about him, but he touched me in a special place. Well, a few special places but y'all know what I'm talking about!

by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM
LOL @ the last part.

It's not lame at all. I did the same thing for almost 5 yrs. Thought about him everyday especially when life was getting me down. Small world...my ex husband ran into him 2 weeks ago at the bank. He's stationed back here. Sooooo...I stole the number out of his phone and called him. Violation of privacy, yeah I know. But we have to take risks. At least that's how I justify my actions :-)

Anywho...is his number the same? Have you tried to reach out lately?
TishHughes
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM
The number that he has was a number for Afghanistan. I've been back almost 2 years so I know the number he had doesn't work anymore. I don't even think he checks his email neither, lol. I wouldn't know cause I haven't tried it.

Quoting moosesmom:

LOL @ the last part.

It's not lame at all. I did the same thing for almost 5 yrs. Thought about him everyday especially when life was getting me down. Small world...my ex husband ran into him 2 weeks ago at the bank. He's stationed back here. Sooooo...I stole the number out of his phone and called him. Violation of privacy, yeah I know. But we have to take risks. At least that's how I justify my actions :-)

Anywho...is his number the same? Have you tried to reach out lately?
SonShine11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I know that feeling of being emotional over someone that really touched your heart. Everyone we give ourselves to we develop a soul connection with, some are stronger than others... You never know what the future holds there maybe more to this story...
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:51 AM
That's not lame read my weird ass day dream post. Cept yours seems interesting. It seems like you two will probably meet again.
akingsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Been there did that. That's how I ended u with a kid by this man 20 yrs later...n he hadn't touched nothing back in da day. My lesson? When the past calls ur name don't look back. I hope it work out better for u
TishHughes
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I hope that we do!!!! I really liked him. I don't know why but I'm telling you, seeing him again was one of the best days ever.

He was happy to see me, too. He said so, LOL.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

That's not lame read my weird ass day dream post. Cept yours seems interesting. It seems like you two will probably meet again.
TishHughes
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I don't think I could say no to that lil dude again, lol.

Quoting akingsmom:

Been there did that. That's how I ended u with a kid by this man 20 yrs later...n he hadn't touched nothing back in da day. My lesson? When the past calls ur name don't look back. I hope it work out better for u

SWEET737
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I don't think thinking about an old friend and or lover is lame at all. It could be 20 years later (like myself) an occasionally that person that touched your life in a special way could come across your mind or you may even dream about the person. I don't think there is nothing wrong with that. That is a part of your history. I recently had a friend through high school and part of college that always comes across my mind on his birthday. Our birthday's is 31 days apart.. We lost contact once I moved an he went to the Air Force and then the Army Reserves. He recently (maybe three years ago  or a little less) did two tours of duty in Afghanistan and I believe one in Iraq survived all of that. While being home in 2011, 11  or 12 days before his 42nd birthday, he drowned. Ever since I found out about his death, he has really been on my mind. And when I saw Russell Wilson from the Seattle Sea hawks on the cover of  The Men's Fitness Magazine, that made me think of him even more because they look so much a like. It is just so crazy how things happen in life.

SheciaBaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:21 AM
I know the feeling. Still think about my first love.... Man what I'd do to that man. Sometimes I wish we should have had babies together. Sigh...

Anyways! Back to real life...
So sorry u are thinking of him. Why did u guys argue ?
akingsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Lil Lopez locked that DOWN huh! Lmao jk. Hell I hope u do run into him. Could b what u looking for kwim. I I just read the part about u going back. U b safe over there lady

Quoting TishHughes:

I don't think I could say no to that lil dude again, lol.

Quoting akingsmom:Been there did that. That's how I ended u with a kid by this man 20 yrs later...n he hadn't touched nothing back in da day. My lesson? When the past calls ur name don't look back. I hope it work out better for u

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)