Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you prepare meals?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 11 Replies
I have adopted the cook on the weekend for the week strategy.I'm home today, so I decided to start off early and pop two whole chickens in the oven. I also make a lot of soups, stews and chilli. They lend really well to leftovers that can last that long and oftentimes taste better once the flavors have melded.And then I just throw together some rice or salad or whatever every night in just a few minutes.

Dh has found that he really likes cooking during the week, (as long as its simple and easy meals). It's a nice stress reliever after a day at the office. We always prepare breakfast though because its a good way to start the day ( usually fruit, yogurt, oatmeal/toast and a breakfast meat).Mostly muffins. Some mornings my oldest prefers a smoothie in a thermos and can finish the rest later at snacktime. We are never short on lunch though!!
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babujai
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

We tend to cook daily, although sometimes we'll cook a lot of something that we know will last two or three days either as dinner or lunches.

SiriSilasMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I cook about every other day. I do want to start cooking a meal in advance I.E., I'm going to cook baked ziti tonight for tomorrow's dinner. I think that will take a lot of stress off of me during the week.

On the weekends we cook everyday. 

ladyrt0731
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I cook on Sundays for the whole week, I don't get home with the boys until 6:45 sometimes later, so it works out that dinner is already cooked we just have to throw it in the microwave.
Nisha929
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I try to cook at least 4 times a week. So on some days I'll make something like spaghetti or baked ziti which we can have for more than one day. Now that it's starting to get cold, I'll be breaking out the crockpot for stews and things like that.  

MomRocs1102
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM
i cook daily, some times i cook dinner in the mooring so i don't have to do it later.
ebbierowe
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I do the majority of the cooking. I make up a menu at the for the week on Tuesday. I know that seems odd but Wednesday is the day I go to the commissary to do the weekly shopping.

SonShine11
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I cook daily... Some days I cook less than others like today for example... Last night I made BBQ fried chicken, Mac n cheese, String beans, and Corn bread... We had some Mac n cheese leftover so today I made bourbon chicken and a side salad with the leftover Mac n cheese... Ill do something like that.
ginene
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
I cook every day. Sometimes big meals and sometimes quick meals. The only time I dont cook is Fridays. We order pizza, subs or Boston market.
truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I cook once or twice a week. I was just on pinterest and saw that you sale shop and prepare multiple frozen foods/sauces like teriyaki sauce, shredded chicken and ground beef to use throughout the month to make dinner simple.

akingsmom
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I cook every freaking day. :-( sometimes two meals at once.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)