Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you entertain much? (I asked this in another group)

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 23 Replies

We do. We actually entertain a lot. Dh plays poker (texas hold 'em) so every couple of months we host a game. Usually we have a party before hand, just a cook-out or something for non-poker players and kids and then at 7 its poker time. We always host a big Thanksgiving dinner and invite all our friends and family over. We usually do something for Christmas and Halloween, or our kids will have a party.

Our kids actually "entertain" a lot to. They have get togethers at the house every couple of months too.

So what about you ladies? Entertain much or are we just weird :-)

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alisheamonet33
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM

i dont , when i first moved in my house i did just so ppl could see the house now a yr later nope but im not a very social person .

joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Not as much as we'd like to. But we are still remodeling our house. Once we are done, we will start having a regular family/friends game night, bbq's, I'll do ladies night, stuff like that. I love feeding my family and friends and having laughter and love in our home.
mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM
We have our annual summer cookout every year in August didn't have this year due to my dad being in a accident. We rotate the holidays last year Christmas was at our house & thanksgiving at my parents this year we switch. As far as just because gatherings no we do not the cookout & 1 holiday is enough for me lol!
ebbierowe
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

you know I really am not either, but I had to learn to once DH joined the military. Not that it is a requirement but I think it is different when you live in one place all your life and you know all your neighbors. We keep moving so I am almost forced to make new friends. Plus he always has new co-workers and they have wives and girlfriends. And now that he has been in a while I find some of the newer wives asking me questions :-/

Quoting alisheamonet33:

i dont , when i first moved in my house i did just so ppl could see the house now a yr later nope but im not a very social person .

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/ebbierowe
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I entertain quite a bit. I host a lot of play dates. I host a huge Christmas party for the kids. I also do dinner parties. 

Smoochmommie
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to. I love to host dinner alot...but i dont have anyone to host for anymore :(
MomRocs1102
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
3 moms liked this

no, i don't even care for people of than close close family knowing where we live.  I'm not that trusting to have a house full of people

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I'm not even looking forward to having to spend Thanksgiving this weekend with family other than my kids.

ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
No... but I would like to start!
ebbierowe
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe. Thanksgiving is my favorite one. I love to cook!

Quoting SunFlower700:

No.  I'm not even looking forward to having to spend Thanksgiving this weekend with family other than my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)