Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Preachers of L.A.

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 30 Replies
Has anyone seen this yet?

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TripletTwin_Mom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep...hated it!!! Lol
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM
3 moms liked this
I did.. i don't know what to think about it. flashy preachers, huge homes, big cars.... i just don't recall the scriptures that support that. am I wrong?
imakehimscream
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Matthew 9:16

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Quoting ayacocca:

I did.. i don't know what to think about it. flashy preachers, huge homes, big cars.... i just don't recall the scriptures that support that. am I wrong?
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Right... doesn't support it.

Quoting imakehimscream:

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Quoting ayacocca:

imakehimscream
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM
That doesn't mean some won't. It just means that most would not. There are also alot of "poor" people who will not be entering heaven either

Quoting ayacocca:

Quoting imakehimscream:

Quoting ayacocca:

mrsary
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM
No way! Sounds fake...
mrsary
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM
You make him scream huh! =)

Quoting imakehimscream:

That doesn't mean some won't. It just means that most would not. There are also alot of "poor" people who will not be entering heaven either

Quoting ayacocca:

Quoting imakehimscream:

Quoting ayacocca:

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Yes.. it does. We watched this show with our mouths wide open.. jaw dropped. im sure that all in all these are decent men on some level. but whenever we kept asking ourselves, okay would Jesus had lived this way?? we kept getting no' s over & over. imo entourages, excessive bling.. sometimes with some preachers its all about the show.

Quoting mrsary:

No way! Sounds fake...
ayacocca
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Very true.. but the meek will.. my question was about the flamboyant/ flashy

Quoting imakehimscream:

Quoting ayacocca:

Quoting imakehimscream:

Quoting ayacocca:

mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:30 PM
3 moms liked this
I watched some of it & all I seen was bentleys, Ferrari, Porsches, big homes & flashy jewelry & all I did was shake my head
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN