Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wash your jeans?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 37 Replies

Maybe this is one of those posts where you need an anon button. LOL  A few years ago at my old job a coworker and I were talking.  She was telling me about two other coworkers who openly admitted that they do not wash their jeans, or work clothes.  Just hang them back up in the closet after wearing them.  I was really surprised to hear that because these two coworkers look like they practice good hygiene but the coworker who told me this I trust her and she would have no reason to believe she would make that up.  We were both grossed out by their hygiene habits.  Then I came across this article that was stating that you're not supposed to wash your jeans.  WHAT????  LOL 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/fashion-and-beauty/fashion/i-hear-im-not-supposed-to-wash-my-jeans-is-this-true/article14729385/

Do you wash your jeans?

ETA  This topic also came about because late yesterday I was watching TMZ.  They ran in to Tommy Hilfiger who stated he never washes his jeans.  Was curious to see how common this is with people.

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Yes and air dry them.
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I wash mine too but throw them in the dryer.   

Quoting mrsary:

Yes and air dry them.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM
6 moms liked this
I ALWAYS washed my work clothes. Always! As far as jeans are concerned, I wear them at least twice and then wash them, depending on what I've done that day. But yes, they do get washed.
honey27
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I mainly wash and air dry because jeans tend to fade easy or I will take them to the cleaners. Now my work clothes I'm washing because I wear scrubs and work around sick people.
diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I wash my jeans, and my work clothes.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I wear my jeans at least 3 times before I wash them, but yes, I wash them. When I was working, I always washed my work clothes.

There's just no reason for you not to wash clothes that you wear.

mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting moosesmom:

I ALWAYS washed my work clothes. Always! As far as jeans are concerned, I wear them at least twice and then wash them, depending on what I've done that day. But yes, they do get washed.

TripletTwin_Mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
This...

Quoting moosesmom:

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Same as the above. I wear them once or twice and wash, air dry.
CreativeJustice
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a two day limit. That means if I only spent an hour or two in them and didnt do much yes I wear them again. I knew people in high school that never washed their jeans..I dont understand that. I love that clean feeling. maybe its my OCD but hell no I cant stand that factory smell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)