Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I really missing anything

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this
Okay I turn twenty seven in november. I am looking at peoples pics and stuff on FB and I am always wondering did I miss out on anything. I became a mom and wife very young(I was legal when both happen). I was never the partying type.The thought of getting all dressed up and dancing is fun but the actual reality played out a few times...it wasn't that fun for me. One time I went clubbing and it smelled like serious BO. I was like omg its smells so bad. Then another time we went to a dancehall club and mostly it was like everyone standing around looking at each other. It was bob marleys birthday and they played a snippet of his music and then bam back to dancehall music(I personally prefer SOCA over dancehall anyday). I have traveled without spouse or child and the whole time I was calling and checking on them. I do wonder though looking at their pics did I miss anything. Don't regret the life I have because I love my husband and my girls they mean the world to me and I would hit someone in the throat with a brick and beat them with a chainlink if they ever tried to harm them but I wonder. Just a thought I wanted to put out there. Anyone ever have those kinda thoughts or am I alone in this?
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I too was never the party type. I had my first when I was 29 but before then I was a homebody. I preferred hanging out with family and friends vs. going to the club. Partying all the time to at 35-40 with kids makes me give side-eyes. That's just me though. 

There are times though when I can use a break and I do get that dance bug. I just want to go out and dance with my girls and have a few drinks. It rarely happens though.

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this
My entire adult life I've been a mom, briefly a wife... and the very few times that I've ventured out I wasn't moved. im naturally a home person; reading, movies and chilling are my favorites.. you arent missing anything girl. all that matters are the loved ones in your home.. That's my philosophy.
alisheamonet33
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I've never been married but  my times in the clubs and hanging out all night was very brief, i hate large crowds ,  I'm not a big drinker or dancer i prefer to watch a good movie  read a book or do something fun with the kids . there are those moments when i feel like the walls of my house are caving in on me and i want to get out away fro the kids so i will go to a lounge and just sit at a bar a sip one drink all night and just laugh and joke with a friend.  give my sister the side eye all the time she is 28 and has a 4 yr old . she will drop my niece off Friday night and i wont see or hear from her ass til Sunday night every weekend , i told her she needs to spend time with her child but idk what the hell I'm talking abt. i would refuse to watch her but i rather her be with me cause its no telling where her ass will leave my baby .

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I was a total party girl for a long time..I didn't remarry until i was in my mid 30's. I also didn't have any kids.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I've figured this out as I've gotten older- either you're the party-girl, social type, or you're not.

I'm not, so no, I don't feel like I missed out on things, though others may disagree with me, but that's their problem. I had my first child at 21, so I wasn't out with my friends getting drunk and stuff- I was at home being a wife and mom. And that was fine with me.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:09 PM
5 moms liked this
I enjoyed every hour, minute, and second of my party/wild days and have no regrets
mrscass0416
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I never liked to party and I hate clubs. I do like to go out occasionally and enjoy myself with my friends. For instance to a piano bar (with dualing pianos) sounds weird but it's a blast, drinks, food, dancing, and etc. Most of my friends are moms and wives so we make it a night once every two months and our husbands do as well. 

clubbing is not for me and never has been , I feel like I didn't miss out on anything at all because nôt all of us are comfortable in that environment.

honey27
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I did a lot of my partying in high school so I don't think you missed out especially nowadays parties are not safe to be at anyways.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM
you sound like you was the life of the party kinda person in the party days
Quoting luvthagirl:

I enjoyed every hour, minute, and second of my party/wild days and have no regrets
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Yep, didn't leave the club until the lights came on

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

you sound like you was the life of the party kinda person in the party days
Quoting luvthagirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)