Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

How much do you drink?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 70 Replies

When I put my children to bed on non-work nights, I have a small glass of wine, and I sit down and either read or watch a bit of TV with dh. Thats my relaxation time for me. We share a bottle of wine on a Saturday evening when kids are with in-laws, but I obviously don't drink in this manner when I'm on-call during the weekdays. 

I believe that two people sharing a bottle of wine over a well balanced/nutritous meal when the kids are away is not harmful. As long as you eat well during the day, drink plenty of water, follow a weekly regime and get plenty sleep, there is no problem in a little over-indulgence.Sometimes I work up to 40 ours a week. Jet lag from out of the country. I pay enough tax on the bottle.  I know some people are totally against it period and that's their perogative.There's definitly a cultural difference too.I worked in London for a year. When we had dinner, they have these small wine glasses and each of us has one glass with our meal. Then the cork goes back in. If we want anything else to drink, we drink water.Our glasses are enormous compared to what is used over there lol

Rarley do I drink when I am home alone.I WILL admit I had a solo glass this afternoon though.Hubby stays sober when I drink and I stay sober when he wants to drink.Thanks for not judging me personally, at least not out loud anyway. Cheers! 

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zraunt
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM

2 - 4 drinks a month.

Ryanswifey42012
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM
My husband and I don't drink often. Maybe a few times a month if that. He may have a beer or two while I have a glass of wine or one of the little bottles offruity drinks
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I'm a social drinker maybe 5-6 drinks a year
navybeauty88
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Maybe a few times a year? If that. But since I'm pregnant now, none.
mseelen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:00 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm not a drinker.
SonShine11
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:15 AM
I'm a social drinker... Out to dinner I may have a taste for a glass of wine and when I go on vacation I drink a lil more... And sometimes when I'm intimate Ill have a couple.
mrsary
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:27 AM
I am a guzzler, so try not to drink at all. When I do drink, I don't stop for days...
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I'm not much of a drinker..I usually drink a bit from Nov-Jan, since we do lots of entertaining during this time. 

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I go to ladies night every other Thursday and have a drink or two....yes I do have wine at home and I do drink at home but only when I'm off for a couple of days...Yes i do drink around my children because they are 11 and 19 but i never never never get drunk around them....Actually I have only been drunk once in my life and it was the worst so I never did it again.

Nisha929
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Why would anyone judge you? I drink very rarely (maybe once or twice a year) and I don't drink the hard stuff (anymore). I might have a drink when my birthday rolls around (exactly a month from today) though.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)