Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions Welcome

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:32 AM
  • 16 Replies

When my and DH's paycheck did not clear in time for my hair appointment today I canceled and made plans to go tomorrow and kept it moving. DH, like the idiot in shining armor he sometimes is, went and asked his father for the money WITHOUT ASKING ME. I have no idea what posessed him to do something so redonkulous, but it is very embaressing to have him take out a loan for me to get my hair done. It just looks bad and i'm pretty sure that his dad has always thought of me as some sort of spendthrift because I enjoy shopping and going out with friends (as opposed to staying in the home and having a ton of babies).

Does anyone here think I'm over reacting if I give that money back? 

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Overreacting
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a Very private person, esp regarding financial affairs, so yes I wouldve been pissed too. Does he know that you had rescheduled?
siyalite
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Quoting ayacocca: I am a Very private person, esp regarding financial affairs, so yes I wouldve been pissed too. fide he know that you had rescheduled?

No he didn't know. DH said he was trying to prevent me from having to, he knows my hairdresser will refuse to see me for weeks if I cancel too often. I have to say he was really trying to help but I just don't get where his mind was at on this one. I am an extremely private person when it comes to my finances too. 

ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Bless his heart for trying... but I see where it made u upset.

Quoting siyalite:

Quoting ayacocca: I am a Very private person, esp regarding financial affairs, so yes I wouldve been pissed too. fide he know that you had rescheduled?

No he didn't know. DH said he was trying to prevent me from having to, he knows my hairdresser will refuse to see me for weeks if I cancel too often. I have to say he was really trying to help but I just don't get where his mind was at on this one. I am an extremely private person when it comes to my finances too. 

akingsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Gotta love men. They think they're helping solve a problem and start another one lol. I would be stuck between aw thx u tried be mad too he could have discussed it with u beforehand
navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
That would bother me too. I would tell DH, thanks but no thanks. I might even take the money back to FIL and explain the misunderstanding.
SiriSilasMom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

It bothers me when women bad mouth/name call their SO to strangers but I digress. Personally I think that's an overreaction. Just ask him not to do it again.

nikabear
by Mrs.Bellamy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM
2 moms liked this
I think that you are overreacting....... He was just trying to help......
CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Meh, he was trying to help.  Don't be too mad at him. 

charleyangel317
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I think you are overreacting. He was just trying to do something nice for you. My DH would have done the same thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)