Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever lost your child?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM
  • 22 Replies

So I'm running late to work now because a woman got seperated from her child. They are running for the train, the boy gets on the train to hold it for mom, mom doesn't make it and the train leaves. Mom now gets on my train to have the conductor call to hold the other train in the station.

Thank goodness he's okay. But come on lady!! Ugh

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akingsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM
O wow lol
I haven't...yet smh. I can see that happening to me. Only because this lil boy would probly run off because he love anything with wheels on it lmao. Thankfully no trains here
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Once for about 5 minutes. It was terrifying. We were at an amusement park with all 4 boys. My husband and I were separating because some kids wanted to go on one ride while others wanted to go on another one. Somehow we miscommunicated who was taking whom and both walked off leaving the 5 year old, at the time, standing there. Once we realized he wasn't with either of us, we panicked. We were close to the entrance of the park and I just pictured someone walking right out with him. Luckily, he went straight to an employee. We were easily found since we were the only ones that looked like we were running away from an invisible tornado all wide eyed and panic stricken.
JaysMommy_32
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I've seen that happen before. The little girl was about 4 and terrified. People on the train were very helpful and a lady got off at the next stop with her to wait for her mom.

I "lost" Jalen once. He was asleep on the sofa and I went to take a shower. I came back in the living room and heard him cooing and babblin but he was not where I left him. I went into a semi panic then happen to look under the table and that's where I found him. He wasn't even a crawler yet but apparently he rolled off the sofa and army crawled his way to the coffee table that was clear across the room against the wall (we would move it to give him tummy time. Apparently it paid off lls)
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Yes. Ten years ago my older boys were 5 and 2. I lost my oldest son at a festival.
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Yes, but nothing like that! I would be hysterical.
SiriSilasMom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I had to call hubs to tell him the story. I told him we needed to start drilling the kid on what to do if this were to ever happen. Imagine if my train was delayed. The train her son was in could have made it to Manhattan and he would have been by himself. It's really scary.

Quoting mrsary: Yes, but nothing like that! I would be hysterical.

mrsary
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Very

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I had to call hubs to tell him the story. I told him we needed to start drilling the kid on what to do if this were to ever happen. Imagine if my train was delayed. The train her son was in could have made it to Manhattan and he would have been by himself. It's really scary.

Quoting mrsary: Yes, but nothing like that! I would be hysterical.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM

NEVER!!!!

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Yes(heads head in shame)

I lost her in inflatable wonderland. I got into a heavy conversation with my friends and forgot I had a child, once I realized I hadn't seen her for a minute I went nutso. We found her in the unicorn bounce house(happily playing).. Don't tell my husband..LOL!!

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Whoop that ass!

Yes I did for like two minutes. He was hiding under a clothes rack in a store trying to play a game. I was about to get violent on his ass in the store. Game over!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)