• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My adult daughter and I

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 4 Replies
First let me say hello. My daughter is 22 and married. Her husband is 25. She and her husband treats me like im a child. When I say they are being disrespectful then they want to put Scriptures onand use God's word for their gain. For instance her husband asked me to do a favor financially then didn't want to pay his part. When I brought it to my daughters attention she said I should sograce and . Plus they are having a hard time. I said I can't assume all I ask is forhim to tell me something. No she said I should go to him. I am done with her and her husband. There is so much I could tell but won't. I feel its time to walk away.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
akingsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello!
Sometimes you have to love ppl from a distance kwim? It may be time to take a step back...ppl never miss anything good til its gone.
siyalite
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Anyone who needs to quote scripture to show you the error of your ways is full of it anyway. The Bible isn't teh end all and be all of common sense. 

If your kids are using you walk away from the situation. If they are disrespecting you walk away from the situation. Salvage what you can with your daughter, her husband sounds like a scum bag.

SiriSilasMom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Well you know who not to lend money to in the future, eh? Nip that in the bud, like now. Honestly they're only doing what you allow them to. 

nikabear
by Mrs.Bellamy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM
4 moms liked this
Sounds like you need to love them from a distance and stop loaning money.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)