Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a feminist?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • 25 Replies
I'm reading all these different tyoes of Feminism exist. This includes black feminism and bottom bitch feminism. If you are, do you identify with any particular subset of Feminism?

Shit, I thought equality was equality.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I dont identify with any subset... I do women should have equal pay in the workplace.

We shouldnt be submissive to our husband.. We should be viewed as a equal.

This is a new millennium.. We can do everything a man do.. Probably better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanishagreene
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I am a feminist Im unaware of the different ssubsets so I dont know which one I would identify with.

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:59 PM
It strange to me. Equality but I guess as in all things, there are different levels of it.

Quoting tanishagreene:

I am a feminist Im unaware of the different ssubsets so I dont know which one I would identify with.

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:02 PM
My daughter is or tries to be! LOL I didn't know about the different ones?!
4kings1queen
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I am a feminist. I know I believe everything the first poster said. And people look at me crazy down south because I am a feminist and I love it.
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
This. I didn't even know there were different subsets lol

Quoting hopealways4019: I dont identify with any subset... I do women should have equal pay in the workplace.

We shouldnt be submissive to our husband.. We should be viewed as a equal.

This is a new millennium.. We can do everything a man do.. Probably better.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Yes but I am in a different subset. I will describe it more in the morning
LNLMommy
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM

what in the hello kitty is a bottom bitch feminist?? I don't think I wanna be one of those. While I as in school-I"m pretty sure I was a feminist now, I'm just lazy to be honest. Of course I believe women should be equal and the pay inequities and seeing the woman's role in the workforce irritates the hell out of me. I like to think I do my part to help women on my job. What constitutes being a feminist?

SiriSilasMom
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Pretty much. But I guess I'm not a feminist in the sense that I am submissive to my husband to an extent. 

Quoting LNLMommy:

what in the hello kitty is a bottom bitch feminist?? I don't think I wanna be one of those. While I as in school-I"m pretty sure I was a feminist now, I'm just lazy to be honest. Of course I believe women should be equal and the pay inequities and seeing the woman's role in the workforce irritates the hell out of me. I like to think I do my part to help women on my job. What constitutes being a feminist?

LNLMommy
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

So lets start our own feminist club! LOL. Cause I submit to my husband to a certain extent as well. I don't feel it takes away from who I am as a woman or a person. 

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

Pretty much. But I guess I'm not a feminist in the sense that I am submissive to my husband to an extent. 

Quoting LNLMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)