Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were a child support worker? **EDIT**

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:10 PM
  • 50 Replies

So I've posted before about taking my ex off of child support 4 years ago. When I took him off of child support it was with the stipulation that it was for only 2 years so that he could get himself together and be there for his daughter who was born prematurely.

Needless to say it's been 4 years. Now I've been in and out of work over the years. I'm currently out of work atm but I'm calling a company on Monday about a work from home job (I interviewed for the job about 3 months ago and told her I would call her back this month)

I've never had health insurance through a job. I've either been on Medicaid or no insurance at all if I made too much to qualify. I rarely get sick anyways.So with the passage of Obamacare everyone has to have insurance or get penalized. Without a job Idt I'll be penalized but him back on child support would allow me to qualify for Medicaid until I get situated with this job and can get my own health insurance.

The purpose of putting him on child support is 2 fold: 1) because the time limit I gave him was up 2 years ago and 2) I can only qualify for Medicaid if I put him on child support.

Now my question (finally right?) Is if you were a child support worker would you allow a mother to pursue child support just so that she could health insurance?? The child support requires you to list the reason why I'm reopening the case. The reason I'm giving is because of the timeline we agreed to not because of the health insurance qualification.

Does any of this make sense??

EDIT: Putting him on child support is not solely so that I qualify for healthcare. I need the help until I can get back on my feet. Being able to qualify for health insurance is an added bonus. Once I get back on my feet I can either give him the money back he pays every month or take him back off. 

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine.
by Trace on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:11 PM

no to your last line.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:19 PM

lmao After I posted it I was like no one is going to understand this lol Basically what I'm saying is I took my ex off of child support 4 years ago, I am thinking about putting him back on child support. 1 because I initially gave him 2 years and it's been 4 and he hasn't done anything for his son  2 because I don't have health insurance or a job atm and in order for me to qualify for health insurance he has to be on child support

Make sense now? Maybe I need to go back and condense it or something lol

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

no to your last line.

Smoochmommie
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:19 PM
No...listen to Greedy by life jennings. Thats all u boo.
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Never heard of the song but while I'm headed to Youtube, care to elaborate? EDIT: Ok so I listened to it and I have heard that song before. I am in no way greedy. If I was he would have still been paying child support for the past 4 years. 

He has had 4 years to get himself together. If he can post pictures of the gifts he got for his other kids for Christmas surely he can afford $55 a month to help take care of his son. 

Quoting Smoochmommie: No...listen to Greedy by life jennings. Thats all u boo.

DVS
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:28 PM
If you need help with the child then do it and as an added perk you get insured. But if you bare doing it solely for the insurance then boo to you.

I hate CS with a passion
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I do need help with my son. I mean hell once I get back on my feet I can take him right back off but for the time being I need help and $55 a month is not going to kill him. I mean with tax season and my leftover school money, he'll be lucky if he has to pay 3 months off support or I can just give him the money back.

This is not meant to cause him any trouble but I mean hell if I sacrifice so can he. My son will be 9 at the end of the month. He doesn't seem him except twice a year so I mean he can at least help support him financially.

Quoting DVS: If you need help with the child then do it and as an added perk you get insured. But if you bare doing it solely for the insurance then boo to you.

I hate CS with a passion

Smoochmommie
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I feel u for ur first reason. But it seems like u just wanna do it mainly for ur second. Its just strange that u let him slide for 2yrs and now suddenly u wanna persue it. I think ur doing it for the wrong reasons. But if u can live with yourself then do it i.suppose.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Never heard of the song but while I'm headed to Youtube, care to elaborate? EDIT: Ok so I listened to it and I have heard that song before. I am in no way greedy. If I was he would have still been paying child support for the past 4 years. 

He has had 4 years to get himself together. If he can post pictures of the gifts he got for his other kids for Christmas surely he can afford $55 a month to help take care of his son. 

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM

It's been 4 years not 2. It's not mainly for the 2nd because without a job, I can't be penalized anyways. I'm just saying he doesn't see him except twice a year (and he didn't come see him for Christmas) so at the most he can help support him. 

Between tax season and my leftover school money, I should be right back on feet within the next 2-3 months and I'll take him back off. At the moment though I need his help and $55 a month won't kill him.

Quoting Smoochmommie: I feel u for ur first reason. But it seems like u just wanna do it mainly for ur second. Its just strange that u let him slide for 2yrs and now suddenly u wanna persue it. I think ur doing it for the wrong reasons. But if u can live with yourself then do it i.suppose.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Mznaye
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I never would have taken him off of cs but that is just my experience
Pink.Sunshine.
by Trace on Jan. 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Girl you should've never took him off of cs. My Ex tried and tried, lied and lied "Oh I'll give you this and that" and it was a pain in the behind to get him to pay his order. He's still 180 short weekly on his full amount for Cs. I'm just now getting a little bit of something.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

lmao After I posted it I was like no one is going to understand this lol Basically what I'm saying is I took my ex off of child support 4 years ago, I am thinking about putting him back on child support. 1 because I initially gave him 2 years and it's been 4 and he hasn't done anything for his son  2 because I don't have health insurance or a job atm and in order for me to qualify for health insurance he has to be on child support

Make sense now? Maybe I need to go back and condense it or something lol

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

no to your last line.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)