Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

A FEW GOOD MEN?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM
  • 57 Replies

Hello Queens. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics "one in three black men can expect to go to prison in their lifetime". So, why do so many black women complain about a lack of available, black men when faced with these statistics? Here's a solution: lose the stigma about dating or marrying out of your race and instantly increase your pool of eligible bacheors. So the question is this: Are you willing to expand your horizons to find true love? This can be answered hypothetically for the Mrs in this forum.

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meka26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never dated outside of my race. I would if I met the right guy. As long as a guy loves and respects me and accepts my child, that's all that matters.

JiggasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never dated outside of my race. If the opportunity came about I would....I think
6-is-it
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

As a result of being in the military, I had the pleasure of having relations with men of various ethnicities, who were sexy, romantic, strong, funny, sensitive, intelligent, and even a bit mental; left those alone (LOL). I've been blessed to have a beautiful black Queen from a previous relationship, but I married an All-American, blue-eyed man who has fathered 5 of my 6 children. My ethnic relationships provided me with a better understanding of what I sought in a man, regardless of race.

JiggasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe I need to join the military lol

Quoting 6-is-it:

As a result of being in the military, I had the pleasure of having relations with men of various ethnicities, who were sexy, romantic, strong, funny, sensitive, intelligent, and even a bit mental; left those alone (LOL). I've been blessed to have a beautiful black Queen from a previous relationship, but I married an All-American, blue-eyed man who has fathered 5 of my 6 children. My ethnic relationships provided me with a better understanding of what I sought in a man, regardless of race.

6-is-it
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM

You're on the right track! Having an open mind is all that is required. You'll be surprised how many men don't have a problem with you having a child and will happily help with the responsibilities. My daughter was 4 years old when I met my husband, and he still provides for her at the age of 20!

happy

Quoting meka26:

I have never dated outside of my race. I would if I met the right guy. As long as a guy loves and respects me and accepts my child, that's all that matters.

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:53 PM
8 moms liked this
I didn't marry a statistic.
6-is-it
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I wouldn't wish the military on my worst enemy! I only joined out of desperation and a lack of viable options that didn't involve going to college. LOL You definitely have to live in a diverse city where you can participate in various cultural events. That is the best way to meet men of other races, in my opinion.

Quoting JiggasMom: Maybe I need to join the military lol

Quoting 6-is-it:

6-is-it
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Congratulations! Do you think that your daughter(s) will be as fortunate; if you have any?

shrugging

Quoting SiriSilasMom: I didn't marry a statistic.

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Nope.
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I have dated outside my race but I married within my race (2x's).. I  totally agree with Sirisilasmom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)