Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being Mary Jane & Scandal. Glorified side chics?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM
  • 71 Replies
5 moms liked this
First off I love these shows! Anything that has a black woman as a leading lady that's strong educated and in high position I love. BUT why must they be side chics?!?!?!? Why can't they be in good relationships and just going thru ups and downs instead of being side chics. I hate that. There's no more shows like the Cosby's showing a black family unit. What do you guys think?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Yep.. i wondered that as well.
Miss-anonymous
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Because alot of us are side chicks. Look at woman that have 2 and 3 children father. And women who have children that are the same age as the child half brother and sister. It really is sad. But reality for many women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah I got tired of seeing the goody good shows all the time and apparently everyone else. Lol. I might not like it in real life but it makes a juicy story just like drama posts. You hate them but you love them.
0Kit0
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
They're drama. Drama sells. If scandal was only about the Icreating think it would lose it's hype. I think it's more about olivia And her drama.

Shondra said the point wasn't about the cheating but it worked. Sounds like she's not going to leave it like that forever. Idk. The name is scandal.
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this
I think it's a entertaining show and i will be watching
NaeBoo_MadiBoo
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:20 PM
I def feel they entertaining shows. My point is the lack of good drama uplifting black women. There are alot of shows with white women without all that. Why can't we have one. But I guess drama sells as pointed out, that's what gets the high ratings to even keep these black women on TV so that's what they do
MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Its drama, nothing personal or toward black women.  Now side chicks are taking it and running with it, like seeing gabby and kerry give them hope.

cheetah90210
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Don't watch em but side chicks come in all races.
truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:13 AM
3 moms liked this

I just watched Being Mary Jane and when she slept with the married guy the first thing I thought of is damn it not you too. Love both shows though. Drama keeps us talking.

stainless937
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:45 AM
7 moms liked this

not interested in the side chics or any of the real housewives. I didnt like the Have and the Have nots. We are more than this stuff, no drama for  this momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)