Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being called "mixed" means this??

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Do you agree or disagree??
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM
9 moms liked this
I agree, and that also apply to "you sound/act white" It kills me that ignorant ass black folks thinks thats a compliment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Disagree. Even though some may think that way, I think it means they think they see another race in addition to just one race in the person.
Mrs.Sparkle
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Disagree. When someone asks if I'm mixed it's because they want to know what nationality I am. It throws people off because of how I speak and most black people I know hate the way I talk. Oh well though that's what happens when you do 6 years of speech due to not being able to speak normal. I don't link being mixed with being beautiful I link beauty with the soul. The prettiest person can have the ugliest heart.
honey27
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM

i never saw it that way. i thought the blackness was the beautiful part.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM
You're from Canada right? (I may be thinking of another member) Why couldn't you speak normal?

Quoting Mrs.Sparkle: Disagree. When someone asks if I'm mixed it's because they want to know what nationality I am. It throws people off because of how I speak and most black people I know hate the way I talk. Oh well though that's what happens when you do 6 years of speech due to not being able to speak normal. I don't link being mixed with being beautiful I link beauty with the soul. The prettiest person can have the ugliest heart.
Iconoclast
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree is just like when you compliment someone's hair and they say, "I have Indian in my family". Why must there be some addition or explanation, reasoning for our beauty other than black being beautiful.
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Somewhat agree. I do know any other race mixed with black comes out pretty in most peoples opinions. It is the color of black giving the light person more pigment. Its like a light person tans, but being mixed with black they don't have to.
cheetah90210
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:25 AM
I agree , dh and I were talking about that a few months ago our race seems to mix well with other races.
Mrs.Sparkle
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:16 AM
No I'm from America. I couldn't say most letters properly which made everything sound awful.
My youngest ds has the same problem now and is in 2 different speeches to help him. His is worse then mine though because his tongue is not formed like ours so he will always talk strange it's just getting him to the point that people other then me understand him.

Quoting SexyDiva19: You're from Canada right? (I may be thinking of another member) Why couldn't you speak normal?

Quoting Mrs.Sparkle: Disagree. When someone asks if I'm mixed it's because they want to know what nationality I am. It throws people off because of how I speak and most black people I know hate the way I talk. Oh well though that's what happens when you do 6 years of speech due to not being able to speak normal. I don't link being mixed with being beautiful I link beauty with the soul. The prettiest person can have the ugliest heart.
Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm 50/50, as always. It depends on the person who is saying it. I have had people assume and argue with me about my own race because of my hair texture, which is just like any other black person's. If I tell you that I'm black, don't try to throw something else in there because I'm straight black. To hell with that everybody is mixed, crap. If you take a gallon of milk and squirt a milliliter of water in it, that shit's still milk!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)