Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

African Americans and African Canadians

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

HaHa, made you look.

It was sitting at the end of the driveway and in less than an hour it's gone.  A week after Christmas my stove died.  The stove I wanted was on sale but since they didn't have it stock, it ws ordered to come in Jan. 27th.  Ok, so I have to be creative with lunch and dinner ideas that don't require a stove. 

Last week, I get a call that the stove is on it's way earlier than anticipated and will be delivered on Wednesday (Jan. 15th).  Yay!  I call the townhall to let them know that my old broken stove will be at the end of the driveway.  This way they can arrange to pick it up.  It's part of taxes so no extra fee to have it picked up.  They say they will be by on Tuesday to get the stove at the end of the driveway.  So I get my son and we take the old broken down stove to the driveway.  It hadn't even been at the end of the driveway for an hour and I look out the window to find that someone had taken the stove.  Now I have to call the townhall and tell them to forget about picking it up.

The stove is really old about 17 years old, and has been repaired so many times that I wasn't putting another dime into having it fixed.  Kind of surprised someone would actually want it.  Can't wait for the new stove to get here.

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Every time my dh and I sit something out that happens. Rugs, appliances, furniture. We live on a dead end street so I am more curious about who comes down here at night and takes it! I have had to call the city back like two, three times in the past to cancel. One morning the man got here super early and I had to apologize because there was nothing here to pick up. He just laughed and says it happens all the time.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in a rural area.  We do get a bit of traffic down my road because it's not that far from the city, but weekends the traffic is not high.  This happened in broad daylight around 1:30pm and when I looked out the window an hour later it was gone.   Glad it's gone.  Had I known it would have been taken an hour after taking it to the road, I wouldn't have called the townhall.

Quoting Sigmalade:

Every time my dh and I sit something out that happens. Rugs, appliances, furniture. We live on a dead end street so I am more curious about who comes down here at night and takes it! I have had to call the city back like two, three times in the past to cancel. One morning the man got here super early and I had to apologize because there was nothing here to pick up. He just laughed and says it happens all the time.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
😜 LOL@ the title of post.

I'm a bit surprised that someone picked it up quickly too. But some people do that here- pick up old appliances to turn in for money for the steel content or they are handy and know how to fix old appliances.
isaiahbellamom
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol
mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
You wrong lol!!
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this
WTF??? This title!! LMAO!!
YOU WIN*bows down*
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM

LOL   I'm bored.  Not finding anything interesting to pin on Pinterest. 

Quoting Hottmomma607: WTF??? This title!! LMAO!!
YOU WIN*bows down*

DVS
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I was like I thought she was on our side after seeing title
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL I was on Pinterest looking for sweet 16 ideas for my DD's party

Quoting SunFlower700:

LOL   I'm bored.  Not finding anything interesting to pin on Pinterest. 

Quoting Hottmomma607: WTF??? This title!! LMAO!!
YOU WIN*bows down*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN