Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Care.com

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do people actually use that website? I can't even imagine finding a babysitter online and leaving my daughters with them. That whole concept is ridiculous to me.

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmomof2653
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:04 PM

I will never be that desperate to leave my kids with a stranger because if something goes wrong, I will have to kill somebody

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I have friends that swear by that site and have actually built good relationships from there. Idk to each its own
mstricey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Actually I have made a profile looking for a caregiver for my son for sick days and snow days when I'm working. You pay a fee to become a member of the site if you're looking for work or if you're looking for service. It comes with a criminal background check and personal references. You can interview people which I would hope a parent would do regardless of how they found the caregiver. The 3 candidates I'm looking at all have experience or interests in special needs and early childhood education. 2 of them are in college studying special education. Which I require proof at interviews.

I mean you can never trust someone 100% with your kids. You hear on the news all the time about kids, especially sn kids being abused at school in the classroom. It's your job as a parent to do your research and stay on top of things.

I tried daycare before for my son and almost caught a case so I don't play about who watches him.

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:39 PM
6 moms liked this
Is that really no different from leaving your child with a new teacher of putting them in a daycare.
CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's where we found our current babysitter. She is great. Like, Tony the Tiger jump up and pump your fist greeeeeeat!
SHORTSHORT
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Amen. Lol

Quoting proudmomof2653:

I will never be that desperate to leave my kids with a stranger because if something goes wrong, I will have to kill somebody

CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Thinking on it, I've had good luck so far finding people online. I found a roommate on roommates.com and ended up marrying him, lol.
babyblue415
by bubbles on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM

my cousin is on that sites and she likes it

big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Better than finding a sitter on Craigslist
CinnamonBunns84
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Lol

Quoting big.city.mama: Better than finding a sitter on Craigslist
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)