Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Story of racism

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

I read this story before in emails but saw it again today! Never were sure if the story was true or not? But the racism is real no matter what!

A 50- something year old white woman arrived at her seat on a crowded flight and immediately didn't want the seat. The seat was next to a black man. Disgusted, the woman immediately summoned the flight attendant and demanded a new seat. The woman said "I cannot sit here next to this black man." The fight attendant said "Let me see if I can find another seat." After checking, the flight attendant returned and stated "Ma'am, there are no more seats in economy, but I will check with the captain and see if there is something in first class. " About 10 minutes went by and the flight attendant returned and stated "The captain has confirmed that there are no more seats in economy, but there is one in first class. It is our company policy to never move a person from economy to first class, but being that it would be some sort of scandal to force a person to sit next to an UNPLEASANT person, the captain agreed to make the switch to first class." Before the woman could say anything, the attendant gestured to the black man and said, "Therefore sir, if you would so kindly retrieve your personal items, we would like to move you to the comfort of first class as the captain doesn't want you to sit next to an unpleasant person." Passengers in the seats nearby began to applause while some gave a standing ovation..............SHARE THIS IF YOU AGAINST RACISM!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wearymoon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I've never read or heard about this but it's a cool story.good

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I never heard this one either and not sure if it's true, but I sure like the ending lol.
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I've read this before, I'm not sure if it's true, but its definitely something that needs to happen more often everywhere!

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw this on a commercial a few days ago. 

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Wow!
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I've read that before.  Not sure if it's a true story.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Really?! Interesting!

Quoting SiriSilasMom:

I saw this on a commercial a few days ago. 

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes the ending is great!

Quoting leaniece: I never heard this one either and not sure if it's true, but I sure like the ending lol.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Never heard this story but that's awesome!!!!
anaijasmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:03 AM
......wonder if she thought she was getting the first class seat......
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)