Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wwyd? >> Update <

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM
  • 54 Replies
Short and to the point......

My son is a car rider and today while waiting in the car line I didn't put the car in park like I usually do, and as I was trying to make sure my son was in the car my foot accidentally came off the brake a little. I moved less than an inch and immediately threw my hands up and said "I'm sorry, I'm sorry". Their were no children around either side or front on my car, but one of the teachers yelled for me to stop (which I understood) but she also hit the rear of my car.
I get its your job to keep the kids safe but what was the point of you hitting my car?
Their was no damage but still, she wouldn't appreciate me returning the favor. I didn't have time to address the issue right then, but I'm thinking about letting the principal know.
Am I over reacting or should I address it?

***The principal called me after she had a chance to read my complaint and speak with the teacher. And she doesn't condone any teacher putting their hands on vehicles, but believes it was a split second reaction. And
in the future to keep my car park until we're flagged to move, and the teacher who was in the room apologized. I accepted and its water under the bridge***
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I personally would just leave it alone, it was just her protective instincts plus nerves that kicked in and caused her to hit your car. I'm pretty sure she was not trying to intentionally hit your car. But if you feel some sort of way maybe you can just say to her you know you just hit my car right? Hopefully she will say she's sorry.

Nisha929
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

There's no damage to the car so I'd leave it alone. However, if you feel you need to get it off your chest...talk to her about it instead of going to the principal.

sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:05 AM
I know her hitting my car was unintentional, BUT its a respect thing for me and as far as contacting the principal, per the school rules, issues we (parents) have with the teacher need to be addressed with the principal.
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Kym and Nisha!!
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats like going to the manager about a cashier not greeting you!

Quoting sexychica25: I know her hitting my car was unintentional, BUT its a respect thing for me and as far as contacting the principal, per the school rules, issues we (parents) have with the teacher need to be addressed with the principal.
SiriSilasMom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Leave it alone, I think that was her knee jerk reaction to seeing this car moving. I don't think it was intentional. 

Kinda OT, but this morning I'm dropping my son off and DH walks him to the door, he gets back in his car and gestures to the other car beside us. I asked him why he did that, the woman spit out her car window and hit our car. He gestured to her that it was ok. Of course he drove off before he told me, now she would have gotten a few words. 

Nisha929
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this

You know it was unintentional so why make a big deal out of it? I'm pretty sure she wasnt out to be disrespectful toward you. She saw a car moving and although there were no children around at the moment, there could have been and she sprang into action the best way she knew how. What is going to the principal going to solve? Nothing! There is nothing to solve. Your car wasn't damaged. Chances are if you do go to the principal with your story...they might end up siding with her because you're the one that could have possibly harmed a child or another adult. They could say you were being careless by not putting your car in park or whatever. It wasn't done on purpose so just leave it be and be thankful that no one was hurt.       

Quoting sexychica25: I know her hitting my car was unintentional, BUT its a respect thing for me and as far as contacting the principal, per the school rules, issues we (parents) have with the teacher need to be addressed with the principal.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:43 AM

If there is no damage I would let it go...It would be hard because I do not like people banging on my car. 

PurplWildFlower
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

If there is no damage I would let it go...It would be hard because I do not like people banging on my car. 

spidermansmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:44 AM
It would be hard but I would let it go. It was a spur of the moment reaction.

As a complete side bar...with you been? Not in NQ!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)