Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're boring me!!!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
  • 23 Replies
There's this guy that I talk to like almost daily. Every time he texts me, it's the same damn question: "how are you doing"......stop asking me how I'm doing! That's small talk that folks make. I've know this dude for like 5 years and even if I text him out of the blue and start talking about something that happened that day, it always goes back to "how are you doing?"

I get so annoyed when people ask me the same thing over and over. Yeah, that's something small and stupid but shit. 5 years and you're still asking small talk questions? The he always goes into work related talk. I'm so not interested in how many computers you worked on today... Leave me the hell alone.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Bri425
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this
**flips table**
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM
What would you prefer he talk about?
Mommy2Bri425
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Plans for the weekend, his kids, old army days, hobbies, movies he likes, how he likes South Carolina, tattoos, food, tv shows.... Certainty not how boring or slow work was every. Single. Day.

Quoting luvthagirl: What would you prefer he talk about?
smiley83
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Well tell him! Lol

Is this your man? Cut buddy/boo thang?
Mommy2Bri425
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Cut buddy? Girl, no! Lol. He's a friend that I've known for a while is all. Who clearly had nothing to talk about.

Quoting smiley83: Well tell him! Lol

SiriSilasMom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM

He's not going to know this is a bother for you unless you tell him. 

smiley83
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Well hell if yall friends tell that mf!! Ha!

Quoting Mommy2Bri425: Cut buddy? Girl, no! Lol. He's a friend that I've known for a while is all. Who clearly had nothing to talk about.

BeautifulMomof1
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Maybe he genuinely wants to know how you're doing . . But if you're bored with the conversation, you should let him know or bring up some of the topics you'd Rather talk about to him . . Maybe he assumes you want to talk about work because that's all y'all ever talk about . .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Bri425
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:19 AM
The last time I said something, I was told I was rude.

Quoting BeautifulMomof1: Maybe he genuinely wants to know how you're doing . . But if you're bored with the conversation, you should let him know or bring up some of the topics you'd Rather talk about to him . . Maybe he assumes you want to talk about work because that's all y'all ever talk about . .
Mommy2Bri425
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Lol... We're supposed to be in that getting to know you phase..... Supposed to be.

Quoting smiley83: Well hell if yall friends tell that mf!! Ha!

Quoting Mommy2Bri425: Cut buddy? Girl, no! Lol. He's a friend that I've known for a while is all. Who clearly had nothing to talk about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)