Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Back to the burbs!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM
  • 30 Replies
4 moms liked this
I am so happy to say after searching for five months to get out of Newark New Jersey which is a pretty damn dangerous city

I finally got approved for a two-bedroom apartment in the small town that I grew up in and I'm so freaking happy

On Friday while I was home with havanaolivia, someone tried to break into my house! Mason luckily was at school. they didn't get in thankfully but the police never even showed up! they told me I had to go down to the precinct and make a report there because theyre so short staffed!!

I am so happy that my children are going to be safe and sound back in small-town Jersey

Plus mason will have hisnlittle friends back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KikiKia
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Congrats!

That is scary that you had an attempted break-in!  SMDH at the police! What good are they if you call and they don't show up!  WTF is that?

nelliesmommy
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Wow. I'm happy you are leaving there.
Frankiexo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:57 AM
It's newark . I am training to be a cop now And I see both sides but I also see that alot of the PD stopped giving a shit after seeing so much crime.

Not an excuse tho.

The two females trying to break in ran off after i threw everything in my sight at the door. They stole my upstairs neighbor's patio set, kids bike and coper from a fridge.

Im on the 1st floor with no bars on the windows my LL didnt care until this happened- it is sad.

Quoting KikiKia:

Congrats!

That is scary that you had an attempted break-in!  SMDH at the police! What good are they if you call and they don't show up!  WTF is that?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KikiKia
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Wow!  and good luck to you!

Quoting Frankiexo: It's newark . I am training to be a cop now And I see both sides but I also see that alot of the PD stopped giving a shit after seeing so much crime. Not an excuse tho. The two females trying to break in ran off after i threw everything in my sight at the door. They stole my upstairs neighbor's patio set, kids bike and coper from a fridge. Im on the 1st floor with no bars on the windows my LL didnt care until this happened- it is sad.
Quoting KikiKia:

Congrats!

SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM

That is cray, good thing you're getting out of that. I didn't know it was that bad. My bestie lived in Newark about 6-7 years ago. It was okay then. 

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Well damn!!!! Glad to y'all are okay and moving!!!!! We are suppose to be coming to Princeton New Jersey in June for my son's track meet...... How is that area and nearby areas???
MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

thats great, nothing worse than being afraid at your own home. When can you move?

Frankiexo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:41 AM
It is beautiful there. My sister leave down that way:-- Trenton New Jersey is around that area but you know visiting and living are two very different things.:

You'll be fine on your trip.New Jersey is a wonderful state with a lot of beautiful things to visit unfortunately I live in North Eastern New Jersey I live in Newark is a pretty bad city especially if you don't know the area at night but most the time that happens is to locals and residents

people watch you that you live alone and take advantage of that

you'll be fine on your trip

Quoting nikabear: Well damn!!!! Glad to y'all are okay and moving!!!!! We are suppose to be coming to Princeton New Jersey in June for my son's track meet...... How is that area and nearby areas???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Frankiexo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:42 AM
I can move tomorrow if I want to but I legally have to give my landlord 10 days noticed

Quoting MomRocs1102:

thats great, nothing worse than being afraid at your own home. When can you move?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

give notice and get out!!!!!!

Quoting Frankiexo: I can move tomorrow if I want to but I legally have to give my landlord 10 days noticed
Quoting MomRocs1102:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)