Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on Jahi McMath...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:55 AM
  • 19 Replies

An article was posted through LA Times with her mother giving a statement about her daughter moving as well as other things. This child has been declared dead for a little over 3 months almost 4. Her mother has to realize that her daughter isn't coming back right? I mean she can't be in denial that much can she??

What do you think about the update? ((Can someone make it clicky please??))

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79755318/

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
As a mother, I definitely understand- doctors don't know everything, and miracles are possible. There are plenty of documented medical cases that doctors have given up on, only to have the patient miraculously recover and be the SAME person as before the trauma that landed them in the hospital.

If I felt my child were still alive and had even a 2% chance at recovery, you can bet I'd fight as hard for mine as she is for her daughter.
BeautifulMomof1
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:02 AM
Litlmama87
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Listen...If Jahi was making as much progress as she says, there would be visual proof of that. I love my children with every fiber of my being, but I also love them enough to let them go in peace. I really never want to even imagine being in her position.

I hope.she is seeking professional help because the aftermath of this will not be good.
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Exactly this. She's brain dead so there is no coming back. In another article published back in January the family's lawyer said that Jahi was deteriorating rapidly after being moved. Your organs can't come back after that.

I wonder how long they'll allow the family to keep her hooked up?

Quoting Litlmama87: Listen...If Jahi was making as much progress as she says, there would be visual proof of that. I love my children with every fiber of my being, but I also love them enough to let them go in peace. I really never want to even imagine being in her position.

I hope.she is seeking professional help because the aftermath of this will not be good.
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Quoting BeautifulMomof1: click here
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
She's not in a coma though and that's the BIG difference. She lost oxygen completely to her brain which means she is brain dead. 3 doctors have told her there is no brain function whatsoever. In a coma you sometimes have the miracle of being able to wake up but in her case? I don't think it's going to happen.

Quoting .Peaches.: As a mother, I definitely understand- doctors don't know everything, and miracles are possible. There are plenty of documented medical cases that doctors have given up on, only to have the patient miraculously recover and be the SAME person as before the trauma that landed them in the hospital.

If I felt my child were still alive and had even a 2% chance at recovery, you can bet I'd fight as hard for mine as she is for her daughter.
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Her body would have deteriated by now . I am gonna keep my opinions to myself but I will say whatever happens in the future I hope it benefits that little girl
Aslen
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:47 AM
3 moms liked this
Terry Schiavo.

Her parents had the same thought process, and it was found at autopsy that her brain was over 75% atrophied, meaning she suffered for more than 20 with no hope of recovery. The same thing is happening with Jahi, and it's just not right.

There comes a time when hope becomes selfishness, and when the "hope" becomes about the parent, and not the child

Quoting .Peaches.: As a mother, I definitely understand- doctors don't know everything, and miracles are possible. There are plenty of documented medical cases that doctors have given up on, only to have the patient miraculously recover and be the SAME person as before the trauma that landed them in the hospital.

ginene
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Thank you! It's amazing how many people say they believe in God but don't believe in miracles. There are plenty of stories of people who woke up after being declared brain dead but no one wants to focus on the stories of miracles.

ginene
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:03 AM
People have survived after being declared brain dead. Just google it. There are plenty of documented stories and interviews about it.

Quoting SexyDiva19: Exactly this. She's brain dead so there is no coming back. In another article published back in January the family's lawyer said that Jahi was deteriorating rapidly after being moved. Your organs can't come back after that.

I wonder how long they'll allow the family to keep her hooked up?

Quoting Litlmama87: Listen...If Jahi was making as much progress as she says, there would be visual proof of that. I love my children with every fiber of my being, but I also love them enough to let them go in peace. I really never want to even imagine being in her position.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)