Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Good Fictional Books

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 8:14 PM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi, I recently joined a summer reading club at my local library. I havent leisurely read a book in about 5 years. Anyone know of any good books to read? Im open to just about anything as long as the first chapter catches my attention. When I was younger my favorite authors were Mary Monroe, Michael Baisden, and a few others I cant remember the names though. Thanks in advance!

by on May. 12, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I can't think of any. Sorry. The last thing I read was 50 Shades of Grey and I only got through book 2. Let me know what good books you find. I would love to read something other than a textbook this summer.

Alyson121
by Aly in the Kitchen on May. 13, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

The last fictional book i read was Cane River by Lalita Tademy.  It was a GREAT read.  Even though it was practically 500 pages, i swear i could NOT put that book down. 

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Im reading The fault in our stars by John Green.

MikaNTey314
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I sure will! Ive been reading nothing but textbooks for the past few years and now that i finally have a summer free from classes, Im going to take advantage of the time and read what I WANT! lol

Quoting Sigmalade:

I can't think of any. Sorry. The last thing I read was 50 Shades of Grey and I only got through book 2. Let me know what good books you find. I would love to read something other than a textbook this summer.

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
A Love Noire by Erica Simmone Turnseed. Then rhe follow up to it. I cant remember the name off hand. I loved it. I wish i had more time to read like i did before kids
Captzsss
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm reading The Shack by William P. Young.  I'm about 30 pages in and I want to say F it.  It's a short read so I guess I'll finish it this weekend.

Secretly101
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I absolutely loved the Black Dagger Brotherhood. It's about Vampires. It's a Paranormal Romance novel series. :)
3xangel
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this
What genre do you prefer? I like reading new adult/YA genre.

I love, love, love the blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa. My all time favorite trilogy. (Dystopian & vampires)

Anti goddess by Kendare Blake is another book I love. (Mythology 2000 style)

Melissa Marr darkest lovely series is really good too. (Dark fairies)
3xangel
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 4:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Have you ever heard of goodreads.com? It's a book nerds dream come true.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2014 at 8:25 AM
I want to read this book! It's next on my list!!!!

Quoting MomRocs1102:

Im reading The fault in our stars by John Green.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)