Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

black girl and white girl don't match

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:39 AM
  • 34 Replies
"black girl and white girl don't match" that's what Jessica said on Hollywood exes. She said she is not a racist because she's dating a black guy. Can someone still be racist and be in a relationship with a black person?

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Bri425
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 4:28 AM
7 moms liked this
Yes. Those clown ass fools are in MC all of the time.

Nisha929
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I remember her saying why she said what she said. Do I think what she said was wrong...I guess it was kind of messed up. She mentioned why she said what she said but I feel like that has been overlooked. What she said wasn't okay but it also wasn't okay for the Black women she encountered while out with her Black man to say the things that were said to her. 

Yes I do believe someone can still be racist while dating or being married to someone of another race. I didn't single out Blacks because truth be told, many Black folks are racist too...ijs.  

CinnamonBunns84
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:13 AM
I don't watch the show. Who is that? Why did she that?
CinnamonBunns84
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:18 AM
See, I dont know where these black women come from or exist. I dont know one black woman or can remember the last time I heard a black women say something negative about a black man dating out of his race. Maybe its the area I live in.

I cant imagine someone going up to someone and saying nasty things in there face just like that.

Quoting Nisha929:

I remember her saying why she said what she said. Do I think what she said was wrong...I guess it was kind of messed up. She mentioned why she said what she said but I feel like that has been overlooked. What she said wasn't okay but it also wasn't okay for the Black women she encountered while out with her Black man to say the things that were said to her. 

Yes I do believe someone can still be racist while dating or being married to someone of another race. I didn't single out Blacks because truth be told, many Black folks are racist too...ijs.  

Nisha929
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Oh they definitely exist. I've heard plenty of Black women say negative things about Black men dating women of other races. I've never encountered someone going up to anyone and saying nasty things but some of the looks I've witnessed were very nasty.  Racism is alive and well all across the board.

Quoting CinnamonBunns84: See, I dont know where these black women come from or exist. I dont know one black woman or can remember the last time I heard a black women say something negative about a black man dating out of his race. Maybe its the area I live in. I cant imagine someone going up to someone and saying nasty things in there face just like that.
Quoting Nisha929:

KikiKia
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I agree completely

Quoting Nisha929:

Oh they definitely exist. I've heard plenty of Black women say negative things about Black men dating women of other races. I've never encountered someone going up to anyone and saying nasty things but some of the looks I've witnessed were very nasty.  Racism is alive and well all across the board.

Quoting CinnamonBunns84: See, I dont know where these black women come from or exist. I dont know one black woman or can remember the last time I heard a black women say something negative about a black man dating out of his race. Maybe its the area I live in. I cant imagine someone going up to someone and saying nasty things in there face just like that.
Quoting Nisha929:

diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Quoting CinnamonBunns84: I don't watch the show. Who is that? Why did she that?
spidermansmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
We all are, to an extent, racist. It's an unfortunate product of this country. From the little girl with the princess dress on with soccer shoes to the slacker skate boarder to the boy with his tight and sagging pants.
We've seen these things and made comments. Whether it's to ourselves or close family and friends.
I do not think that for the most part it makes a person a racist to say something here and there. If I say something about a white person, whether it is stereotypical or not, it doesn't mean I think that EVERY white person does the same thing.
Isn't that what racism boils down to: believing that everyone of a specific race is exactly the same based solely on race alone. So if I say that an AA woman is uneducated and ghetto AND I'm a racist then I believe that all AA women are uneducated and ghetto which means the mother, sister, aunt, grandmother etc of the black man I may be dating is also uneducated and ghetto. Which would say much about the man I'm dating, and in turn says something about me.
So I don't think a REAL RACIST would even be capable of dating someone from a group of people s/he thought was inferior.
CinnamonBunns84
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:21 AM
I believe that it exist. However, I feel like the BM/WW hating is too hyped up.

Quoting Nisha929:

Quoting Nisha929:

paknari
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't even understand what that sentence means...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN