Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Pierced Ears

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM
  • 30 Replies

I was reading an article about folks having an issue with Kim K. piercing her daughter's ears. I don't know if the bigger issue is the actual piercing of her ears or the fact that she's wearing diamond earrings at her age. Here is the link to the article....

https://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/kim-kardashian-under-fire-piercing-north-wests-ears-161600438.html

North is a year old now (I think) so in my opinion she's old enough to have her ears pierced. My daughter got her ears pierced at 3 months. That age is sort of a tradition in our family. Anywho...what are your thoughts? While we're on the subject, what are your thoughts on boys/men having pierced ears?

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:22 PM
My ears were pierced earlier than that and so was my daughters it not a big deal in my family or community its odder if your daughters ears are NOT pierced by a certain age. Can't please everyone and you shouldn't try to
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this
North is so pretty!
KikiKia
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I was 3 months old when mine were pierced.  I think babies look adorable with pierced ears.

I did not do my DDs because she had so many issues as an infant I did not want to add pierced ears to the mix.

She asked for her ears to be pierced and we got it done this weekend.  She's 5.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Yes she is!!

Quoting mrsary: North is so pretty!
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Definitely NOT a big deal. Some people are very bored lol. On the topic of boys/ men with pierced ears I'm not a fan of.
Nisha929
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Lol I agree. I think no matter what she does, people will always have something negative to say about it. Their daughter is beautiful and she looks very pretty with her earrings. I'm not a fan of boys/men with pierced ears either.   

Quoting michaelsmom25: Definitely NOT a big deal. Some people are very bored lol. On the topic of boys/ men with pierced ears I'm not a fan of.

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:07 PM
That shit blew me when I read it on fb
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:24 PM
I got my dd ears pierced around 3months after she got her 1st round of shots. Imo it's just tacky to pierce a little boys ears
MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:39 PM
My ears were peirced when I was a baby as well. No big deal in my family. As far as men I don't really care as long as its not dangly lol I don't like to see little boys with earrings though.
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
People bugged me to DEATH as to WHEN I was going to get dd's ears pierced after she was born. I would tell them that they are HER ears and she can decide that for herself. People had a hissy fit over that and thought that I was weird.

As far as I'm concerned, it's NUNYABIZ!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN