Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zendaya no Longer Casted as Aaliyah In Biopic; Production Is On Hold

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:54 PM
  • 16 Replies
Thoughts? I figured it would come to this. There are "production issues" and now Zendaya and her team has backed out. I don't blame her. The whole thing seemed shady from the beginning.

http://m.eonline.com/news/555410/zendaya-won-t-play-aaliyah-in-lifetime-television-movie-after-all-find-out-why-the-disney-channel-star-left-the-project
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM
This makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing her in the movie.

ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Aww, me too. I was really rooting for her.

Quoting diaperstodating: This makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing her in the movie.
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Aww well that sucks.
navybeauty88
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Yeah the article says while she was happy to be selected for the role, she wants to do it "right". I truly believe that she had no idea that Lifetime had not contacted the family until everything blew up right after the announcement.

Quoting ayacocca: Aww, me too. I was really rooting for her.

Quoting diaperstodating: This makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing her in the movie.
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh well
AlliviasMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Zendaya probably felt the pressure against her and got tired of people (black community) talking about how she wasn't black enough. I cant blame her.If they can't find a suitable actress to play her, scrap the entire project. Stop trying to force a square into a circle. These network Joos exploit everything Black for $. Her family said NO. They dont even care about the quality, just the profit from it...It's total and complete bs.
MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:33 PM
3 moms liked this

sad and pathetic how stupid people can be.  People complain not enough opportunities are being presented to women of color and here this girl earned the role and everyone says shes not black enough.  stupid! Im just over it, and i hope Zendaya goes on to do amazing things.

KikiKia
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM

You can't please everybody. :-/

LuvMommysBabies
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Sad, but you can't please everyone. I was rooting for though.
Babujai
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I just read this.  I'm glad she has the freedom and then integrity to back out of a hastily done project, especially when Aaliyah apparently means so much to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)