Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to the movies

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:41 AM
  • 14 Replies

How much are movie tickets in your area? How often do you and your family go to the movies?

I was thinking of taking the kids to the movies tomorrow and if we go before 12pm the tickets are $7 for all of us. If we go after 12pm my ticket would be $10 and theirs would be $9.50 each. Then parking is $4 and we're not even gonna talk about the cost of food at the concession stands.

Since everything is so expensive, we don't go to the movies often. Last time we went was back in May for their birthdays and I spent a shitload of money. They had fun though so it was worth it. My son wants to see the Planes movie and my daughter wants to see the new Step Up moving coming out next month. So after tomorrow, we'll go again next month to see the new Step Up movie and then that will be it for the year.   

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:43 AM
About the same. We go about once a month. Probably going this weekend since we are staying local.
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM
We will prob see planes movie too. If I could get away, I would go see "Tammy". Love Melissa McCarthy!!
Nisha929
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I wanna see that too. She's hilarious.  

Quoting mrsary: We will prob see planes movie too. If I could get away, I would go see "Tammy". Love Melissa McCarthy!!

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM

where i live its ten dollars but we live in western mass which isn't really booming economically. So the tickets are very affordable. The last move I went to see was Jump 22 it was a pretty good movie I thought

Kdsangel
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM

I think $10 more for 3D but on Tuesdays for everyone and Thursdays for students they are $5. I have 5 kids so thats when we go. Those days they also have concession deals.

ayacocca
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM

its $12; $15 for IMAX or 3d... the last movie that we saw was Lego Movie and I spent close to $65; we don't go too often because we do movie night so often at home with blankets, brownies, pillows, etc.. the kids prefer it that way LOL.. plus the theatre always makes my contacts dry LOL

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Its expensive as shit!! But we go to the movies a lot!! We really do! We have an AMC and Regal rewards card. AMC we earn $10 after we spend a $100 total. AMC $10.75 for evening shows,they just started military discount. We can catch a early show its like $8?? We have been wearing out Regal b/c they $6 movies on Tuesdays, $5 if you have a Regal rewards card? Which we do! Every 50 points we get. Something free movie ticket,popcorn,soda on Tuesdays you get $2 small popcorn. We earned 2 free movie tickets and DH and I went to see Dawn of The Planet of the Apes,night it came out in RPX 3D! It cost only $13 b/c of taxes or fees? BUT RPX 3D cost $16.50 per person! Ugh!! LOL
We have a $2 Cinema its 15minutes away we go a couple of times a year. On Tuesdays its a $1,3D movies are $3 regularly $4. Me and DS went on Tuesday saw Godzilla in 3D for $6!

Quoting Nisha929:

How much are movie tickets in your area? How often do you and your family go to the movies?

I was thinking of taking the kids to the movies tomorrow and if we go before 12pm the tickets are $7 for all of us. If we go after 12pm my ticket would be $10 and theirs would be $9.50 each. Then parking is $4 and we're not even gonna talk about the cost of food at the concession stands.

Since everything is so expensive, we don't go to the movies often. Last time we went was back in May for their birthdays and I spent a shitload of money. They had fun though so it was worth it. My son wants to see the Planes movie and my daughter wants to see the new Step Up moving coming out next month. So after tomorrow, we'll go again next month to see the new Step Up movie and then that will be it for the year.   

Nisha929
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM

The Planes movie in 3D (after 12) would be $14 for me and $13.50 for each of them. Soooo...3D is out...lol. Yeah we do movie nights sometimes too when there is something good to watch.  

Quoting ayacocca:

its $12; $15 for IMAX or 3d... the last movie that we saw was Lego Movie and I spent close to $65; we don't go too often because we do movie night so often at home with blankets, brownies, pillows, etc.. the kids prefer it that way LOL.. plus the theatre always makes my contacts dry LOL

Goodybag1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Here it's $10.25 hubby and I gill be going tonight no kids lol! Tinseltown doesn't charge for parking that's crazy. But yes the apes it is I can't wait.
Nisha929
by on Jul. 26, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Girl who you telling! We went today but we saw Transformers (I didn't wanna see it but it turned out to be good) instead of Planes. So I spent $21 on tickets, $4 on parking, and $51 on popcorn and all that crap. Since we don't go often I let them go a lil crazy. I did get a rewards card today and I will be using it every time I go to the movies. We had a great time though so it was worth the money.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Its expensive as shit!! But we go to the movies a lot!! We really do! We have an AMC and Regal rewards card. AMC we earn $10 after we spend a $100 total. AMC $10.75 for evening shows,they just started military discount. We can catch a early show its like $8?? We have been wearing out Regal b/c they $6 movies on Tuesdays, $5 if you have a Regal rewards card? Which we do! Every 50 points we get. Something free movie ticket,popcorn,soda on Tuesdays you get $2 small popcorn. We earned 2 free movie tickets and DH and I went to see Dawn of The Planet of the Apes,night it came out in RPX 3D! It cost only $13 b/c of taxes or fees? BUT RPX 3D cost $16.50 per person! Ugh!! LOL We have a $2 Cinema its 15minutes away we go a couple of times a year. On Tuesdays its a $1,3D movies are $3 regularly $4. Me and DS went on Tuesday saw Godzilla in 3D for $6!
Quoting Nisha929:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)